how many buy other knifes while waiting

I've been trying to get ahold of his F6 in 3V. That one is calling to me pretty hard.

Really like these blades!

NafElYJ.jpg

Wow I really need one of those. May be posting my new GSO 5 package so I can fund one.

I love good function choils where they alllow me greater control for small tasks, especially on a knife this size but I understand and appreciate the sentiments on both sides.

Who does the HT for the 3V on those blades?

I could love those knives except for the choil. Damn thing is big enough I could curl up in there and take a nap! Love the look of the handle ergos and canted angle though.

That's generally how I feel about choils but the Carothers knives have made me realize they can be useful if done right.

I don't know who does the heat treat. I do know unlike the grizzly they are not produced by Bark River. Peter Kohler has his hand in it and states Bark River doesn't make the mid tech blades (Honey Badger / 1911), he does. Here is a video explaining the blades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGJPHq4WOnk

He runs his own company which explains more....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzvlguwxI0

Supposedly he handles every blade which is why there are so few made. He stated the mid tech blades are not so much to make money but a name for himself.
"Each mid-tech knive released by Dark Timber Knives is made in the USA; and hand finished by Peter Kohler"

There are some reviews appearing on youtube with more info on these blades.

Last edited:
I love good function choils where they alllow me greater control for small tasks, especially on a knife this size but I understand and appreciate the sentiments on both sides.
I'm not a big fan of choils, but I would rather it be a bit big than too small my esse 3 ' s is border line unusable 👎

I don't know who does the heat treat. I do know unlike the grizzly they are not produced by Bark River. Peter Kohler has his hand in it and states Bark River doesn't make the mid tech blades (Honey Badger / 1911), he does. Here is a video explaining the blades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGJPHq4WOnk

He runs his own company which explains more....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzvlguwxI0

Supposedly he handles every blade which is why there are so few made. He stated the mid tech blades are not so much to make money but a name for himself.
"Each mid-tech knive released by Dark Timber Knives is made in the USA; and hand finished by Peter Kohler"

There are some reviews appearing on youtube with more info on these blades.

He had Peters do the heat treat on these knives. From the videos I saw Peter had some help in assembling the knives but he put the final edge on all the knives himself. Not bad considering he still assembled and boxed almost 300 blades in about a weeks time. He also uses the guy from Grizzly outdoors to make all his kydex sheaths.

Kodiaks are due to be finished at the end of the month as well but they are a smaller run compared to the last two models.

He had Peters do the heat treat on these knives. From the videos I saw Peter had some help in assembling the knives but he put the final edge on all the knives himself. Not bad considering he still assembled and boxed almost 300 blades in about a weeks time. He also uses the guy from Grizzly outdoors to make all his kydex sheaths.

Kodiaks are due to be finished at the end of the month as well but they are a smaller run compared to the last two models.

Got any left sitting around you wanna sneak over to NJ? Shoot me a PM or email if there's one hiding in your shop!

Have you ever checked out his hand forged Grizzly bowie? Its rediculous

I dove into buying his knives head first since I posted here last. I have a Honey Badger in hand right now and a 1911 Elite on its way. The HB is like an ESEE 6 that got a major upgrade.

eb3cee20ae6cd664bf815f6ddfcc8f75.jpg

Received these 6 bushcraft knives recently

Osprey K&T Ranger
31661879733_5c5397e6b4_b.jpg

Adventure Sworn Explorer and Mountaineer
32453490445_ef846f9f3a_b.jpg

Fiddleback drop point Renegade and Woodsman
32075349330_245644088c_b.jpg

Don

Received these 6 bushcraft knives recently

Osprey K&T Ranger
31661879733_5c5397e6b4_b.jpg

Adventure Sworn Explorer and Mountaineer
32453490445_ef846f9f3a_b.jpg

Fiddleback drop point Renegade and Woodsman
32075349330_245644088c_b.jpg

Don
Some beauties right there. I want to get my mitts on an AS Mountaineer someday, see what all the hoopla is about. Or any other Adventure Sworn I suppose.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Here's a pic with the 3.5

Hey HK, have you used your TRC yet? Anything you could tell me about how the steel held up?
I am really interested in their K1 design and so close to pulling the trigger but i have read mixed reviews performance-wise about trc so i cant make up my mind

I have been wanting a mountaineer. Just waiting for the right one to come alongg

I have been wanting a mountaineer. Just waiting for the right one to come alongg

Jump on it if AS opens their book again for custom order. You will love it. The fit and finish are at the same league as S!K.

Don

Some beauties right there. I want to get my mitts on an AS Mountaineer someday, see what all the hoopla is about. Or any other Adventure Sworn I suppose.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For me, it's the AS build quality. It is one fine piece of art. The attention to details and quality of the fit and finish remind me of S!K and CRK.

Don

Back