how many buy other knifes while waiting

See folders thread but a couple of busse have also shown up lately:

42b270fb57eb681143316b1013e3c9fa.jpg

RW - How do you like your big Busse battle grade? SR101 right?

RW - How do you like your big Busse battle grade? SR101 right?

I have an FSH in flat grind and stripped infi that I still use more. The only reason though is I want to snag the battle grade in maroon canvas. Busse's OD green canvas is a little too brown for my liking. So I have left it unused in case I can grab the alt off the exchange. That said, the actual shape is fantastic. I opted for the thinner stock which is awesome with the saber grind. I really like the blade, just need a handle swap!

I am on their mailing list and I have been very quick to get to their website for when they have available stuff. There just hasn't been one in 3V with a handle combo that I like yet. if they open their books I will be placing a custom order. I have an DIwood explorer and its pretty sweet. Looking for that mountaineer though

Jump on it if AS opens their book again for custom order. You will love it. The fit and finish are at the same league as S!K.

Don

Both my AS are in 3V. AS told me they use PHT for their 3V HT. Unfortunately, I have not get the chance to use them to comment about the performance.

Don

What is your other AS Don? My other one is a 5/32 custom 3v guide convex grind. I haven't used that one yet but it is the sharpest from the factory convex I have ever owned.

What is your other AS Don? My other one is a 5/32 custom 3v guide convex grind. I haven't used that one yet but it is the sharpest from the factory convex I have ever owned.

The other AS is an Explorer. Both my AS are 1/8. I figure I can go with the thinnest blade with 3V. Yes, they came razor sharp.

Don

Hey HK, have you used your TRC yet? Anything you could tell me about how the steel held up?
I am really interested in their K1 design and so close to pulling the trigger but i have read mixed reviews performance-wise about trc so i cant make up my mind

I've been using it, but not for anything hard yet. The one question left in my mind is the one you asked: How the steel will hold up. As far as fit/finish, sheath retention, ergonomics etc. I am extremely pleased with it. I just need to be able to get out and use it enough to get a better feel on edge retention.

I think if you like the design of the K1, I'd say go for it. I've been eyeing the K1S in the thinner stock. Both look like a heck of a good knife.

I've been using it, but not for anything hard yet. The one question left in my mind is the one you asked: How the steel will hold up. As far as fit/finish, sheath retention, ergonomics etc. I am extremely pleased with it. I just need to be able to get out and use it enough to get a better feel on edge retention.

I think if you like the design of the K1, I'd say go for it. I've been eyeing the K1S in the thinner stock. Both look like a heck of a good knife.
through k1s is my favorite knife you wouldn't believe how well it fits in hand !

Do you know if the k1s was produced in anything besides elmax? Maybe a run in M390 like the k1?

Thanks for your input HK please keep me updated with further use!

I sent a email today to TRC and he said you can customize the knives such as scales - micarta or G10, you can add a fuller and you can pick between m390 and elmax

Thanks for your input HK please keep me updated with further use!

I sent a email today to TRC and he said you can customize the knives such as scales - micarta or G10, you can add a fuller and you can pick between m390 and elmax

Thank you for that information!! That would about seal the deal for me then if the K1S could be had in M390.

MoS, you are one uncanny son of a gun! I'm glad you got those Dark Timbers you were after.

Don, I thought the knives in your first pic were Fiddleback knives until I scrolled down and saw the real FF's. I'm surprised by how many models they have out. I keep losing track.

MoS, you are one uncanny son of a gun! I'm glad you got those Dark Timbers you were after.

Don, I thought the knives in your first pic were Fiddleback knives until I scrolled down and saw the real FF's. I'm surprised by how many models they have out. I keep losing track.

Cant help it brother! I like getting what I want ;)

The 1911 Elite comes Thursday.

Just ordered a bradford 4 and a gunny last night for my birthday !! Yay my girl said if I could keep it under 3 bills she would be happy and I successfully completed my mission 💃

The Bradford G3 is on my list eventually, probably in the wharncliffe blade. Really like the looks and hear good things about them for sure.

I love it. You deserve it, man. I trust you'll post pics. I'll be interested to hear which of the two you prefer.

Thanks man. Yes I certainly will post a couple basic pictures with an esee or something for scale. The Honey Badger and 1911 Elite share the same handle, which I find to be pretty comfortable so far. I know the HB will be a camp knife while the 1911's 5" blade will be more suited for an "everything belt knife"

Picked up an LTW next gen, very nice size useable handle size and ergos. Not normally a fan of D2 but this one took to the strop like a champ, very easy to get scary sharp.

Back