how many buy other knifes while waiting

While waiting on the new 4.1's to roll out pretty soon, couldn't pass up a sweet 1st gen 4.1 in 20cv from the FB group.
I like to buy older gso's while waiting on the new ones- doesn't figure or? LOL.

While waiting on the new 4.1's to roll out pretty soon, couldn't pass up a sweet 1st gen 4.1 in 20cv from the FB group.
I like to buy older gso's while waiting on the new ones- doesn't figure or? LOL.

I have a 4.1 in 3v.... didn't know they where doing 20cv back then.

Have the edc-4 in elmax and never the 4.1 in 20cv. Always wondered how different the steels are and now I will find out.

Have the edc-4 in elmax and never the 4.1 in 20cv. Always wondered how different the steels are and now I will find out.

Pictures please!!

The new heat treat 20cv is better than the old 20cv by a fair margin. I also believe the new 20cv is better than my elmax knives. It's certainly easier to sharpen than my ZT's in elmax.

Here is a picture and it's a borrowed one from the seller as my camera skills are not so good. Some kind of filter was used, it has green and black g10 handles and I guess it was from a Christmas day sale Guy had in 2013. It goes pretty well with my other camo g10 handles and I have a OD green sheath with all the black colored extras to match my others so it sure works for me. Price was right as well, could not pass-
15781759_10154287623274352_1561207192485537569_n_zpshhpbcfnj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dam that looks awesome ! , congrats man . It's bigger than I expected I am going to have to get one 😁

I thought it might be smaller before I looked at the specs. I really wouldn't change anything about the design. And although I'm not familiar with the steel, I definitely like everything else enough to give it a chance.

^ Is that edgegrain on the EDC? Looks good!

HK did you send your 3.5 grips in for micro-texturing?
How did that work?

When I bought that 3.5 it was the first S!K I could get my hands on. I was borderline abusive with it only because I wanted to push it to see what the fuss was about. Anyway, I damaged the original scales and decided to spring for some new ones as I like the knife so well. Those in the picture are G10, and when I bought them I asked Ellie if I could get them textured. I'm not a big fan of the G10 without the texturing, but I really like it when it's textured the way Guy does it. I'm very pleased with how it came out. Also, I don't know if they would offer this service as a 'spa' type treatment, or only when selling new scales.

Two things to be aware of:

-Getting them textured added about 2 weeks to the order IIRC, just necessary to wait for them to go through while Guy was doing a batch for other models. Not a big deal in my case, and Ellie made me aware of that before hand.

-I ended up with some slop in my sheath with these textured scales, whereas the originals fit perfectly. I worked it over and got it better, but I'm no bender and will probably get ahold of Kiah and buy a new one at some point if he gets to taking orders again. I just accepted this as the price you pay getting exactly what you want sometimes. Again, not a big deal in my mind, but something to be aware of.

Overall I'm very thankful to S!K for doing that for me as I do like that particular blade so well anyway. Totally worth it IMO.

HK thanks for the info. I think that camo g10 textured looks really nice and look forward to seeing it on a new 4.1 fairly soon.

I just ordered the MSK-1 Mini:

[video=youtube;jxx8wZgkvKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxx8wZgkvKU[/video]

Before that I bought a Enzo necker and Guardian 3.

I just ordered the MSK-1 Mini:

[video=youtube;jxx8wZgkvKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxx8wZgkvKU[/video]

Before that I bought a Enzo necker and Guardian 3.
just watched the video! That thing is cooler than I thought it would be, I like it !

Here are a few others that I've bought over the last 2 years or so while I was waiting for more S!Ks to buy. Koster MUCK, 3V and an ESEE-6, 1095. Initially I liked the ESEE and how it felt out of the box. But I don't like the way it carves or cuts. Maybe it needs to be broken in. The MUCK is an interesting knife. It's well made, cuts well, it has good handles and is pretty light light. I don't like swedges and the jimping is too sharp for me, though it does keep my thump well seated. Still it's a great knife that is as advertised: a do it all, light carry, very tough, relatively easy to sharpen, on the larger side of a med sized camping knife. It does baton but the swedge beats up the bat.

At the end of the day I prefer my 7/7 to the other two, which I'll probably sell.

Back