how many carothers to date?

Hey Nathan I just read your answers to spartan16 questions about making knives on a cnc.

You mention making several hundred knives to make sure he has his process down. And till he can get a REAL mill.

My question is how many knives did you make before you sold any?

How many FULLY handmade carothers knives are there in the wild (and whose got em :) )

Around how many knives have you made to date ?
Shivs =
Utility fighters =
L.c.=
Heavy Chopper = 8-10?
Field knife
EDC
Edit I forgot the vorpal dagger

Just cause curiosity killed the cat ;).

To be clear, I told him he should have several hundred knives under his belt before doing pre-orders, to make sure he has his process down, because a lot of folks have gotten into trouble doing that. I have close to 1,000 knives made and I'm only now considering doing pre-orders. You see these guys just getting started trying that and it often ends badly.

There are no fully handmade Carothers knives in the wild. I was a machinist before I was a knifemaker, I have milled knives from day one. That's not to say I haven't made a few fully hand made knives, I did one about a month ago and I've forged a couple knives, but the knives I sell get milled.

I made probably a dozen knives before I started selling them and gave them to friends, family.

Sorry i wasnt more clear.
Hmm so a fully handmade carothers does exist! :)
And forged carothers !!!

I knew I shouldn't have asked cause now I Wana see lol

Edit thanks for the background as well.
Wow I didn't know you had that many blades out there

Back