How many carry a fixed blade all the time?

I always carry my Bark River PSK. It's a very small fixed blade, so small that in the belt sheath I forget I have it on. I also have a pocket sheath for it, then it's a "pocket knife".

I usually carry another larger fixed blade as well, but that one depends on where I'm going. Fiddleback Forge EDC or a BK-14 are my usual choices for my daily life.

Strictly fixed blades here. I switched a couple years ago and haven't gone back. Something in the 6 1/2 to 7" OAL range in a pocket sheath works great.

For years I carried at least two folders all the time and off and on I would carry a fixed blade on duty. Nowadays I carry two fixed blades and only sometimes do I carry a folder. I always have my Izula and either my Barkie mini northstar or my new Ryan Weeks small bushcrafter.

I carry an Izula in my pocket everyday. Sometimes my Condor Rodan joins it on my belt. :)

Izula everyday for the past few years. One is sitting in my front pocket as I type this.

I always carry a fixed blade, but I also live in NH where knife laws are literally nonexistent so i can carry my rodent solution in my pocket and nobody cares. Hell i see people open carrying .45's and nobody thinks different.

if i go and visit the folks down in taxachusetts, I carry a small necker (just thrown in my pocket) or something. I need to get a nice normal folder but for the moment my swamp warden words fine since its under 3" and you cant tell i have it anyway

Last edited:
I always have a folder with me and usually a +3 inch blade. Fixed usually only when working in the yard or off on some wilderness adventure.

Folder: Strider SnG
Fixed Blade: Strider WP

The WP is on me 90% of the time, only leave it at home when its super hot outside or when im going swimming. I live in Texas it gets super dooper hot!!

If it is legal to do it, I think a small/medium fixed blade is the best thing to carry, provided it's slim and light enough.

I carried a Strider WP in homemade kydex at work everyday. Just drop it into a front pocket. You can also use a static cord (length of paracord or other that connects the bottom of the sheath to a belt loop/belt). Then if you need it quickly, you just grab the handle and pull. Sheath comes with the knife until it reaches the end of its tether, then pops off. If your knife is too heavy for your pocket, a static cord adjusted right can put some of that weight on your belt too.

I was carrying an izula for awhile as an EDC and also switched it with another custom neck knife I had. Then I started carrying my OHT SAK and thats what I take with me in the city. In the woods I always have a fixed blade or two on me.

I do. After educating myself on the local laws I learned that a 3" blade length applies, whether folding or fixed. I have now picked up several and carry a custom that I like best. This led me back to Dozier, of whom I have some of his larger knives, since he offers many models in the sub-3" range that are useable and brute strong. I still carry a larger in my pack but I can carry my "pissant" fixed without getting hassled. This combined with a SAK/MT makes for a mighty fine combo.

PygmyATAK.jpg

WorkEDC-1.jpg

Mad Dog PATAK for the past 10+ years...

ROCK6

When hiking, fixed blade only.
On the bike, fixed blade.
At work or daily use, fixed blade or folder.

My fixed blade user is an AG Russell Hunters Scalpel (lightweight, safe, inconspicuous), and my most carried folder is a Victorinox Stylus (comes in handy at work).

Izula-II horizonal on belt everyday to work (lightweight, great sheath, hidden under my suit coats), along with a Benchmade folder in front pocket. On week-ends around our property, 5" or 6" fixed blade every time I go out the door.
Be safe.

Until Friday I carried an Izula at almost any time. Since friday it's a Kevin Wilkins Ryback Bushcrafter - 4" blade, OAL ~8.5" (?).

One reason for me to start carrying fixed blades was that I need a legal reason for one-hand-openers but I don't need one for FB with a blade <4.5" - so I hope that any LEO would let me keep the BM710 when he sees that 4" fixed blade...

Back