How many carry a fixed blade all the time?

Another good option is to get a cheap hardshell rifle case and put your knives in that. I have some of my machetes in one under the bed and my little guy isn't even able to haul it out, let alone undo all five latches. The thing was only $30 or so on Amazon.

For those who do edc a fixed blade, how many of you have small children?

I have a couple little fixed blades I would carry, but I'm worried about safety around little ones. When they're older, they'll know better, but if heaven forbid they get a hold of a folder, at least they physically can't get it open right now.

(All my fixed blades are locked up in a cabinet unless I'm carrying one in the field.)
This question begs to lead to another question.
What about the knives in your kitchen? Surely you have sharp knives in a drawer or butcher block? There are certain things that kids must be taught to leave alone. ;)
-Bruce

i carry me esee3 with me...but when in the city i carry a SAK OHT...apparently Judge Dredd resides in hawaii :(

For those who do edc a fixed blade, how many of you have small children?

I have a couple little fixed blades I would carry, but I'm worried about safety around little ones. When they're older, they'll know better, but if heaven forbid they get a hold of a folder, at least they physically can't get it open right now.

(All my fixed blades are locked up in a cabinet unless I'm carrying one in the field.)

i got a 3 and twin 1s.......the 3 knows all about knives and knows to only grab the handle. all my knives are kept in the dresser in the highest drawer. machetes are kept outside on the top of the work bench. it was a rough transition from leaving all my knives everywhere.

I have been alternating my Izula 2, BK 11 or my ESEE 3..... Depending on my mood... Lol

I EDC a eight inch OAL drop point hunter I made from M4. Have fallen in love with that knife. I also carry a SwissTool and BM Griptillian. I have these on me whenever I leave my house.

Back