how many do you "really" carry

Only 1 pocket knife, hopefully I can get a multi-tool in my pocket perferably a SAK Swiss Champ.

i carry 5,
larger folder (spyderco paramilitary)
smaller folder (CRK small sebenza)
keychain knife (spyderco ladybug)
small fixed blade (ESEE izula)
SAK

I just counted, and I'm a bit embarrassed. Seven, in my pockets, right now. Large Case Trapper yeller handle CV. Old Ulster USA camp knife. Old Ulster Ireland fishing knife with fake MOP scales. Old Camco 229 electricians. Old Kamp King. Small Winchester stainless penknife with wood scales. SAK Classic on keyring. That doesn't count the few in my car outside, as I am at work.

I had reduced down to two knives on me at any time, plus the Classic, but then the sickness took over again. I think I need help.

My name is Ken, and I am a steel-o-holic...

What exactly are you embarassed about? I've got twenty on me, not counting multi-tools. Average for me. Yes, really.

I carry 3 typically.

I carry an ESEE HEST, a ColdSteel xl tanto voyager and either a Sog PE1 or spyderco poliwog knock off. I rotate between 4 and 3 knives, I used to always have a CRKT M21 but I don't trust it any more do to blade bending.

Usually a Benchmade 912, along with a Klein electrician's knife and a case toothpick as my two sheeple friendly knives.

I had no clue that Klein made a non-razorblade knife! I have a Electrical Teacher from High School that should be retiring shortly and I would love to get him something nice. How much did you pay for it and how nice is it?

To the OP: EKI Mini7 in RFP and a Izula around my neck at work.

Anywhere else it is usually a Plain Jane Delica or the 7.

Got a Mini-Commander inbound from the North and that is probably about to get some serious Pocket time while the 7 goes back home to CA for a Spa treatment.

Last edited:
I carry one knife and If I'm at work I'll carry a leatherman Wave. Never seen a need to do otherwise.

Usually just one. But, I have a SAK rambler in my bag, along with a beater (Delica or Griptilian), and when I get something new, it usually goes in a Benchmade pouch suspended in the front right pocket so I can fiddle with it when I'm bored. :D

What I carry for work:

1. A locking folder (linerlock, plunge) not more than 6 ounces in weight for cutting cardboard, "flex ties" (flat plastic tape I suppose).

2. A Victorinox SwissChamp for the tools.

I suppose this combination fits most of my work-related needs. ;)

I only carry 3 with me were ever I go. I carry usually a Buck Vantage Select clipped to my left pocket and a Multi tool on my belt, should it be a Leatherman Blast or Wave or Swiss champ, and I keep a Izula in my carry bag.

Usually 2. An EDC folder + either Leatherman MT or Vic/Wenger SAK. Sometimes, all 3.

I usually carry 2 knives, a folder in my pocket and a fixed blade in my jacket.

Three for me, Work: Supertool300, large folder, small fixed. Home: Skeletool, large folder, small to medium fixed......

what 2 knives do YOU carry ?

Spydie folder for quick deployment. Usually a Delica, Endura, etc.

Normally I carry also a Victorinox Explorer Plus. Its just too handy not to have with me. Recently I have been carrying instead a Leatherman PS4 just to give it a try.

What exactly are you embarassed about? I've got twenty on me, not counting multi-tools. Average for me. Yes, really.

Where and how do you carry it Yab? I'd like to carry one more(1 each front pocket for dedicated SD) but I can't carry another in my LRP(utility) because that's where my spare mag is.

Back