How many knives do you EDC?

Ive seen that alot of people on the forums EDC more than one knife at a time. I only carry one at a time and have always wondered why others carry more? So my question is how many do you carry and if its more than one whats the reason behind this??

One in my pocket, but there's always a couple more floating around on my person somewhere at all times. (In briefcase, etc...)

I carry my primary knife, usually my sebenza or sage 2 and a leatherman style on my key chain. I use the style when alot of non knife people are around or if someone asks to borrow a knife to cut something.

It really depends on the day, what I am doing and what I am wearing. I am a college student and it is legal for me to carry but most days I stick to one knife. Somedays I may carry two. One larger more defensive and the other a smaller EDC knife orca SAK/multitool. Someday a I will carry all 3 of those and it is still fairly lightweight and manageable. When I am going hunting or hiking I will carry 3-4. Some sort of SAK/multitool along with a folder or two and a fixed blade. I opt usually for the lighter side but many times I will have one folder in pocket and another in a backpack. On average everyday 1-2 blades.

One in my right front pocket but always have more goodies in my backpack (leatherman, Allen/torx set, etc)

One. Seems odd to me to carry multiples. Same with carrying more than one flashlight. How about I carry two phones then? I mean it has to stop somewhere. Do you carry around multiples of everything? Holy crap that would get to be a bit much.

Now, in the woods or camping or hiking.......different story.

David you should check out the edc thread. Some guys are carrying a small shop.

I cant do that, i need to be nimble.

A small traditional (anniversary gift) and a larger folder. I like the traditional for food and sheeple. The larger is when I have to get down to busines. I u. sed to carry only one but after my anniversary the sentimental aspect entered my edc.

I often carry more than one. My little leatherman squirt adds one blade to my main edcs. I almost always carry a medium to small traditional slip joint as a people friendly mild user. I also almost always carry a modern locker for harder stuff and other things the traditional wouldn't be best for. Sometimes I will add a serrated blade or switch it out with the modern if I think I will need it/feel like it. On occasion I carry a small fixed blade horizontally in addition.

Typically I have two knives on me most of the time. I rotate through my various folders for the one knife, and the second is always a friction folder of my own design and creation. It has G10 scales and 1084 blade and it's used as my beater. Standard cutting tasks go to the main knife, usually a delica or various benchmades or kershaws, and rough jobs such as having to hammer it through something or pry lightly goes to my friction folder. Not only is it a good test of the knife, but if it gets destroyed I can always make another one

I carry a knife in my pocket, and one in my pack.
One usually for food and one for rough stuff

I carry an Opinel NO.6 to cut up my salad stuff everyday, and a Griptilian for everything else.

I carry an Strider in my right pocket, a Victorinox Mechanic and Cold Steel Tuff lite in my left. Not hard to carry in my opinion and I wear what most would call 'slim to skinny' jeans. My reasoning behind this is there are tasks you need a beater for (cold steel tuff lite), tasks for when a victorinox blade is appropriate around judgmental people/multitool is needed. Luckily my boss has no problem with whatever length or type of knives I bring into work.

I usually carry only 1 while at work, and I try to keep it on the smaller side. My Kershaw Cryo, Buck Vantage Select, something along those lines.

However, my regular carry outside of work includes 1 folder for the everyday/utility chores I may need to do (cutting labels off my daughter's new clothes, chopping up dinner, opening packages) and one small user fixed blade just in case there's some heavy-duty stuff that may come up.

Usually I carry

Vic Cybertool in my bag - for the tools primary not the knife blades
Traditional slippie / backlock folder for using it in company of many people
Modern One Hander like Spyderco, Benchmade etc for the rest of cutting chores

... and a flashlight in my bag as well as a small Altoids tin with several other items....

On my person I typically have an alox SAK in my watch pocket, a smaller SAK on my keyring, and often another knife clipped to my pocket. The alox one is used mostly for the screwdrivers, the small one for the tweezers and pen, and the clipper for typical knifely duties.

2-3 usually depending on what I'm doing/where I'm going. Primary blade in front right pocket, secondary blade in left front pocket and sometimes one on my belt or around my neck. Have carried as many as 4. No reason I just love knives and like to get as much carry time/use out of as many of them as I can. I think its fun just to carry them.

I always have at least two on me, very occasionally more. My Cold Steel Tuff Lite is constantly clipped in my jean's watch/coin pocket, and then I always have something else clipped in my front pocket below it. Why? I don't know. I just like to do so, I guess. :thumbup:

Back