How many knives do you EDC?

I have diff levels of EDC. A small pack holds a 1911 45acp, Spydy Military, and 2 Leathermans. 2 waist packs with one holding SAK, Sebenza Classic, and Glock 26. Another smaller one holds a SAK and Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380.

Last edited:
Normally 3, Case Wharnie, Buck 373, and a faux damascus clip point I got last renewal of NRA membership. When we go out to eat, usually only carry Opinel Efile 8 in bubinga.

OT

I carry 2. Bk14 and a Buck Bravo. The Bravo gets rat and mouse blood and stuff all over it all the time, so I carry the Becker for everything else.

This, plus a clipped folder sometimes. But mostly just this (Galaxy phone now, iPhones blow).
SDC11583.jpg

I have tried carrying 2 folders before but I have trouble making it work. My problem is that I wear tight skinny jeans and I have trouble fitting everything in my pockets. I've also tried carrying a small multitool in one pocket and my primary folder in another pocket. But frequently on weekends I carry my primary large folder along with a large multitool.

The reason that I was thinking about carrying 2 was so they could be used for different tasks. One scenario would be if I was cutting normal stuff with my expensive large folder but if I needed to cut something crude then I could use the secondary knife. Another scenario would be if someone wants to borrow my knife I could give them the little secondary knife. The third scenario would be if I carry the multitool and need to use its tool functions.

Another thing I've thought about trying is carrying a small fixed blade such as an Izula at the same time as carrying my primary folder. I don't have enough pockets to make that work so I would have to try some other way.

My usual urban EDC consists of two folders, one clipped to my right pocket and one to my left, a SAK (model depends on my multitool, they complement each other) and a multitool in my backpack. It's overkill, and makes very little practical sense, but it doesn't cause me any problems and I enjoy it.

In winter I stuff more knives into my jacket or carry bigger ones.

Outdoors, where weight is usually a factor (as well as storage space), I just carry one knife and a multitool or SAK.

I carry 3 routinely when out and about, gone to town - 2 sizes of locking folders, 1 in each front pocket - a Buck 484 and a Buck 482. The third one is a small fixed blade (abt 4 inches), most often a Kabar 1232, occasionally the Kabar 1233.

Why do I carry multiple knives? As with any good question, there is never a single answer.

First, to have options when needing to cut something.

Second is I prefer fixed blades and so I carry one that is well within the Texas legal limit.

Third is because I can... I carry the fixed blade as an expression of my right to carry them and my obligation to do so. I feel I am obligated to carry a legal fixed blade in the open as a legitimate supporter of the right to carry legal knives when I want to carry them.

If no one ever legally carries one openly, then people develop the attitude that they are illegal to carry at all. Every time someone asks me about it, I have the opportunity to inform them of the law as it exists.

Now back at the farm? Let's see - Locking folder #1, Locking folder #2, and TWO fixed blades for rapid access - Shorty Kabar of type X, Full-sized Kabar of Type Y, maybe a machete thrown in for good measure. Depends on what needs to be done that day.

Why 2 fixed blades when outside?? If you need a knife "RIGHT NOW", pulling even a switchblade out of a pocket is not as fast as pulling a fixed blade out of an exposed sheath. 1 to be grabbed by the left hand or 1 to be grabbed by the right hand if the other hand becomes entangled in something. If you carry 1 knife only on the right side and your right hand gets caught up, I don't care how flexible you are, you will NOT be able to access the knife with your left hand in a timely manner, if at all. Paranoia? Nope, not if you've seen it happen or experienced the potential for it to happen, which I have.

Last edited:
Two on a usual basis. One as my main and the other as my smaller lighter duty folder.
Lately though, I've been carrying a main folder, and a traditional, or a main folder and my little Tupper Knives Dashi.

I'm down to two, today, and have found that a small fixed blade (Anza PK-2, ESEE Izula) paired with an SAK, is an ideal combo for me, and currently it's what I'm experimenting with.

I usually only carry one knife at a time. Sometimes I will carry two if I'm carrying my Leatherman tool.
Besides the Leatherman tool, the two knives I carry are a Kershaw Storm II and a Schrade Old Timer Barlow.

I carry two... a SAK and a locking folder. The latter takes care of most of my cutting tasks, and the SAK is used more for its other tools. Depending on the situation (namely the people I'm around), I'll also use the SAK's blade. The SAK also serves as my loaner knife.

Weekdays; mini grip in front left pocket and victorinox classic on keys. Weekends, mini grip in pocket, victorinox on keys, and one of my small fixed blades on my belt. I would probably carry just the fixed blade everyday, if it were appropriate at work.

I carry 3 or 4, a manbug attached to my keys, a larger knive, usually with a wave, in my back left pocket (my backup SD). I have my main use EDC which is usually around a 3" folder in my front right pocket and finally, if the pants I'm wearing happen to have a carpenters pocket I'll stick a fourth knife in there for the day.

Usually one knife and my leatherman piranha. Sometimes I'll carry my Spyderco dragonfly zdp-189 as well.

I usually carry two as well. A modern folder such as my PM 2 or Ritter Grip and an SAK Tinker. Basically all I need. If I have my back pack though I'll have a RAT 1 and a leatherman wave in it too.

Normally carry one small to medium folder - (either my small Seb insingo, umnumzaan, or spyderco domino). Also a Vic cadet, and a small spyderco ladybug.

A folder clipped to my pocket and a small SAK. I use the folder for most purposes since it's quick to draw and opens with 1 hand, but the SAK has a bottle opener, scissors, pen, mini-LED light, and small Phillips and flathead screwdrivers. I use it for the other functions, rather than as a knife.

The crazy part is that I'm a office potato lol.
Victorinox alox pioneer.
Victorinox spartan for tweezers and tooth pick.
Spyderco PM2 for the occasional heavy cutting.
And a fixed when we receive food gifts that needs to be cut, the other crazy part is we have 2-3 kitchen knives in the office for such tasks yet they're duller than a plastic butter knife so they keep coming to me for my knives but refuse to let me sharpen the ones that are kept in the office.

Trying but with no success to reduce what I'm carrying, will probably loose the current fixed and switch out the PM2 once my GSO-3.5 arrives.

Back