How many knives do you EDC?

Work edc -
Leatherman Surge - comes in handy when I'm too lazy to carry my toolbag
BM mini Bone Collector - my work edc, tough as hell
BM Contego or ZT 0560 - I work in some shady areas at times
M Tech neck knife hanging from my rearview & an old Gerber fixed blade in the doghouse
Nitecore NC25

All other times I have an Enzo Birk 75 & Case tiny Trapper on me.

I usually have 4-5, unnecessary yes but its all part of the fun of being a knife nut. All of the time (no exceptions) I have a zt 0170 in my boot and a leatherman squirt ps4, the other 2-3 are subject to change, 95% of the time ive got a zdp-189 spyderco manbug then also 1 or 2 main folders for example right now ive got a manix 2 xl and a native as my carry.

Two, as of late - SAK and a Bark River Little Creek. I use the SAK for situations where a slip-joint isn't a concern. Small fixed blade is for "hard use".

StI alway have my izula 2 iwb,sog power lock (I like the one hand opening) ond a folder most of the time its the spydrco p salt the reason is I keep izula sharp at a low grit so it has some bite. All my other knives are convexed. Plus my izula is striped so if I got to cut som thing corrosive like meratic acid bottles I use the p salt

Between 4 and 5 different ones, not all at once tho.:D All are older Jack folders.

Good thread, as the "how many do you carry" threads always are!:thumbup::)

Before I had the spinal cord stroke it was always two, a slipjoint in my left front, and a large, modern "tactical style" folder clipped to my right front pocket.

Now,in the aftermath of the SCI, I strap on a fanny pack the holds my wallet, medication list, my pain meds (Two C2 meds, and one C5 med, and another med that will probably be scheduled before too long). Once people find out you are on these, they show up wanting to "borrow" a few, or even offer to buy some. People break in to other people's houses to steal these, so where I go, my meds go!! Sorry for the rant, but this crap REALLY gets on my nerves. Anyway, back to the question at hand. My fanny pack is also home to my Victorinox Fieldmaster, and a Cold Steel aluminum Tilite VI. Why carry the Tilite; it fits perfectly in the lower pocket and its just fun to carry. My right front pocket still sees that "tactical style" knife clipped in it. The fanny pack knives are a constant, but the rfp knife can, and does change out. Currently it is a Lionsteel SR-1D in raindrop damascus.

And here they be;

The red flashlight is a 4Sevens Preon 1, and is an amazing little flashlight that I never leave the house without!

I only carry my Spyderco Paramilitary 2 M390 blue G10 Handle but im thinking of carrying a Spyderco military as well one in each pocket only because they are my favourites the rest will stay in my collection.

I once saw a bikerish looking guy staggering around wearing a black leather vest and about 6-8 (no exaggeration) folding knives clipped all over it. Some were cockeyed and barely staying retained. I remember how repulsive and dangerous that guy looked, and I never wanted to present anything even remotely like that image to the public. I will carry at times but as a discreet functioning member of society.

I always have either a Sage 1 or PM2 on me (still warming to the PM). I also carry a SAK, usually an Executive or MiniChamp depending on what I'm doing that day. Then in a MaxPed bag I keep in the car I always have a ESEE-4, Leatherman Fuse, SAK Champion Plus, and Fenix PD30 (along with other "essentials").

On any given,just an "average" sorta day,I'll only carry one knife (it had been a S&W H.R.T. Urban,but recently bought a much smaller,easier on the pocket Kershaw),and a Gerber multi-tool,but if I'm mtn biking,hiking or trail running my RC rock crawlers (which I guess ids basically hiking but with an RC truck,LOL),I may carry something more substantial (has been a Gerber fixed blade,but just ordered a Ka-Bar Becker BK2 to replace/upgrade it) "just in case" of survival situation arising due to my own inattention or such :)

One main blade depending on my Mood spyderco,Benchmade,CRKT and a leatherman PS3.

I always carry a folder clipped in my pocket and sometimes carry a SAK as well. Plus I keep a multi tool (generally a Swiss Tool Spirit) in my backpack.

I usually carry a wharncliffe and a drop point. The wharncliffe handles my utility tasks and the drop is used for food; I keep them separate because I don't like the taste of packing tape.

One in each pocket (choosing from Benchmade 741, Gerber Applegate fullsize, Spyderco Manix2 XL), multi-tools (one SOG, and one Gerber), and when in uniform one (two when in kit) fixed blades as well. For no other reason than I am fond of them, enjoy using all of them, and enjoy showing them off to other enthusiasts. Also none of them are cumbersome, so why not?

Last edited:
I carry 2, a SAK in right front pocket and a fixed blade on my left. I carry a gun for a living and that goes on my right :)

Ladybug on my car keys, Leatherman super tool 300 on my belt. Those go everywhere with me. The third knife my "primary" knife that I keep in my back left pocket changes pretty much daily. (around 40ish to pick from)

Oh, and there is a DPX HEST II Assault and a Victorinox SwissChamp in my day bag.

I carry my primary knife in my front right pocket. In my backpack I have a Benchmade 551 and a Leatherman Wave. And in my first-aid hit I have an alox SAK. So, four knives.

Back