How many knives does the average BF member own?

Looking for the average number of knives we own

• Less than 7

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • 7-10 (different 1 each day!)

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • 10-14 (I can carry a different blade each day for 2 weeks!)

Votes: 23 6.1%
  • 14-20 (I think I may have a problem...in a good way)

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • 20-30 ( I have too much disposable income...)

Votes: 48 12.8%
  • 30+ (I have serious issues and am not ashamed)

Votes: 77 20.5%
  • 50-100

Votes: 56 14.9%
  • 100-200

Votes: 40 10.7%
  • 200-300

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • 300+

Votes: 14 3.7%

• Total voters
30+ as the top end? At one point, I had that many Beckers (maybe I still do, not sure; but I've sold a half dozen, and given away a few more).
I don't know how many knives I have... and I don't want to. But I do know that I don't even come close to the numbers to be found on this site.

The correct answer is 78.68....average...for the average owner...of average height...average build...average income...average car....average age....average race....average sex...average haircut...for anybody above or below those averages in any average area, the numbers will be higher or lower, on average.

This will depend quite a lot on whether we're counting kitchen knives also or just pocket and sheath knives. Definitely over 30 either way.

I have seven just on my desk in front of me right now. I can see five more without getting out of my chair. Four more in one desk drawer, still haven't gotten out of my chair. I have one in my pocket and that's just my bathrobe, two in the pants that I just hung up. Still haven't gotten out of my chair...

I have been selling for the last two yrs or so, and probably not many more than 30 or so are left. I think it can be difficult for some folks (like myself) to prevent a "collection" from becoming an obsession. I had a large collection of PM2's, Military models, Striders, CRK's and custom fixed blades. Frankly, it was far from "reasonable" as I am retired and have no money to continually support something like that.
I am certainly not "cured" at this point, but I have cut down to a large degree and now tend to buy knives I can actually use...rather than to have them sit in a box.

Last edited:
Since the poll mentioned carrying knives I voted based on carryable knives. And then broke it down further to knives I actually carry because I have a few cheap folders lying around the house that I just use at home if need be but not carry...so between the zt's, spydercos and benchmades I'd say around 10....total knives including cheapie and fixed blades and decorative knives I'd never use...30+

30+ just in Puukko’s with 3 more custom ordered this month. Best addiction ever‼️

I picked 20-30 but I don't really have disposable income. ..... I've given away roughly about 40 knives in the past year or so. Only ones that I won't carry. I like to upgrade friends and family that carried Tac- force and the like. As my addiction gets deeper I pass on what I once thought was good. Mostly Gerber, SOG, and Schrade....

I don’t think around 150 is excessive. A new Adventure Sworn just arrived today, I hoard blades.

I'm only at 114, :oops:...
But that doesn't include my kitchen knives and I haven't bought my knife of the month yet!
(he said desperately trying to save face)

About 19 that I count, but likely double that or more of this and that knives ranging from junk to very old bone and antler

Back