How many Spyderco knives do you own and how many get regular use?

Wow! I should be so lucky to work with fellow knife enthusiasts! Good for you.

It’s turned into something of a daily discussion between a few fellow knife enthusiasts I work with. “What knives are you carrying today?” We do a daily show and tell, passing them around and talking about them. Helps break the day up and check out new purchases.

Its nice to have a fellow knife knut at work. I have one as well. We frequently passaround whatever we are carrying that day and then discuss new stuff and send each other links to interesting articles or products

3x Stretch (different steels)
2x Military (Ti S30V and Natural G10 M4)
Harpy
Merlin
Have an Endura Wave that SHOULD be delivered today

Carry them all. I tend not to keep knives that I don't use.

I own seven Spyderco knives. The two that get the most carry are the Manix 2 LW and the PM2. I prefer the blade lengths on these as compared to some of the others I own.

Approx. present count is 66.
Sold 4 older Military CMP 440V and gifted some of the older early issue Delica and Endura to friends who wanted them.
Lost a few with clip hitting something or seatbelt snag accidental loss.
I now carry most in soft nylon Victorinox belt pouch or clipped to shirt pocket.
Enjoy them all with about 10 in rotation, remainder as back up.
Almost all are sprint or exclusive steel issue.

Regards,
FK

Own 75 and 20 are in my current rotation. All but maybe 10 of the total have seen use. Most are just cool knives that I enjoy having around and collecting.

Of the 20, the core that don’t (and probably won’t) get rotated out are:
PM2 M4 with PVD coating and dark gray g-10
Shaman PE
Tasman Salt SE
Manix2 LW Maxamet
Manix2 Cruwear CF
Dragonfly2 VG10
Delica 4 VG10
Why not on the LW Maxamet if you don't mind me asking? Mine is usually in my pocket if I'm not carryin my Ritter.

I have about 15 folders that I use and a couple of folders that are new in box as spares. I have I think 5 mules that are users even though I don't use them very much, and a couple of new ones in the box for spares.

Why not on the LW Maxamet if you don't mind me asking? Mine is usually in my pocket if I'm not carryin my Ritter.
I meant that the group mentioned won’t get rotated out...they are fairly permanent at this point.

Just curious if you use all of your Spydercos or are some being kept unused and boxed for resale purposes, as backups or for a rainy day.

I have 13 Spydercos (and 3 Byrds) and use all 16 of them. Some more than others, but all of them get used.

My most carried are my Gayle Bradley 2, Para 3, Manix 2, Pacific Salt and Ladybug Salt Hawkbill. None of them are over $150-ish USD, so I am comfortable with using the hell out of these knives.

I’m sure my collection will be tiny in comparison to many of yours, but let’s hear about yours and what actually gets used!
I've got 12 spydercos, including Para3, Native5, PM2, Manix2, Southard Flipper, Slysz Bowie and Positron. Only FRN Native5 and Slysz Bowie are regularly used.

I don't know... bear with me while I think.
I have a Mantra2, an Advocate, a Military, a Manix2 and maybe a half dozen PM2s (in various steels and scales) that I carry at least occasionally... and a Military, a Manix2, and maybe a half dozen PM2S that are NIB.

Oh, and an Atlantic Salt that I take diving; plus maybe 3 Mules that I carry, and 3 (or 4) that are NIB.

That way madness lies, my friend. ;) I do have a column off screen for year purchased and whether bought new or secondary market, though. :)

Nice spread sheet with excellent detail. I have one similar and I also notate if I have the original box or any extras that go with it. Opening style, Lock Style, size of spydie hole. Nice to see how others track what they have. Thanks for sharing that. My date of MFG is actually the date code on the box if available. :)

Nice spread sheet with excellent detail. I have one similar and I also notate if I have the original box or any extras that go with it. Opening style, Lock Style, size of spydie hole. Nice to see how others track what they have. Thanks for sharing that. My date of MFG is actually the date code on the box if available. :)

Thanks. It IS interesting to see the data other folks track. I like the idea of a column for box/extras. :) Thanks also for the reminder of date codes on the boxes. New weekend project: sort and organize boxes!

Had around 200-300.
Probably down to 100 or so now though.
Maybe 20 users these days.

Well I have a modest Spyderco collection but I bought in the early years, like when they had 1 model to pick from, the C01 Worker and a few monumental Spydercos.

Which ones that got the most use?

The Worker being the first knife they offered and the first knife I got Bought from the energetic guy who was selling a new Sharpener called the Sharpmaker. Told him I didn't think anyone would buy a knife with a hole in it and bought one to help the poor guy out.His name was Sam Gleason, no Sam Houston. No that ain't right Sam Glesser, yea, sam... no no Sal, Sal Glesser. Likable kinda fella, I wonder what ever happened to him and his funny lookin' knife with the hump and hole? ;) :) Bought a Titanium Mini Police necklace too. I wore that for 10 year before I retired it.

The Terzuola Sheepsfoot was the next one to occupy my pocket a lot. That one became my primary work knife and did everything from cutting insulation and sheet rock to makin' my lunch if needed. Still pull that one outta retirement every once in awhile. That one has mismatched screws and was patched up with whatever I had available to me ;) .

I've been tempted to send it in for repair but it has so much character and it still works great. Wish I woulda bought 2. This knfe was a lot of firsts for Sal and gang. Fist collaboration knife, first USA made blade and first knife outta the Golden CO USA planr, first liner lock, first take apart knife for them. There are many more I'm sure which is why it's one of my favorites and has seen the most use.

The Spydercard took up residence in my wallet and lived there for 11 years, till my daughter took it for walkin' to the car through the college campus.

The Stainless Dragonfly and the FRN Dyad Jr were both gotten as a replacement from Customer Service in replacement for the Centofante on the right which snapped the only Spyderco blade I ever broke, (the Centofante in the pic was a gift and replacement from a since deceased friend and member of BF.).

The black Caly Jr in micarta was an Experimental model with no name on the box before it was officially named the Calypso Jr.

The Dragonfly Salt2 in H1 is my current pocket favorite hard use little/big knife and has took up residency in my LFP.

I don't have many newer models, the Dragonfly Salt2 and the Bug knives were the most recent purchases. I'd love to get a Lum Chinese and the Hungarian model those and a few others would be on my want list.

HmKT0A7.jpg

9990C1A8-BA4C-4DFA-9672-A82B5D66226F.jpeg I left 3 bucks above the row of Millie’s because I like them as almost as much; also the hap40 man bug hasn’t left the keychain since my brother gave it back(he said he cut himself too often!?)
My stretch zdp189 not pictured. I am entering another Seki city phase,so this case of users might be obsolete in another month

Not sure of the total, but about 25-30 get regular use

No offense meant to you, NoFair, but reading over my shoulder, my wife just said, “So, what’s ‘regular use?’ Flipping it open and closed a bunch and cutting your fingers occasionally?”

She’s obviously referring to me with that comment. :p She gave me the best laugh I’ve had today, so I had to post it—hahaha.

1 = Police
1 =Military
1 = Endura
1 = Manix 2
The Police is old, beat up, and retired, but the others get carried pretty regular.

No offense meant to you, NoFair, but reading over my shoulder, my wife just said, “So, what’s ‘regular use?’ Flipping it open and closed a bunch and cutting your fingers occasionally?”

She’s obviously referring to me with that comment. :p She gave me the best laugh I’ve had today, so I had to post it—hahaha.

Some are around the ocean/diving use (salts), 5 are kitchen knives, I normally use the 2.5-3.5" ones at work and switch to one of the Militarys/3.5+ folders when I get home. I feel bad for knives not seeing use :oops: so I try to switch them around... I have a few I mostly use for dressier occasions so those might not see use more than once a month (still pretty regularly though.. ;))

I don't flip/play with them, drives the wife nuts :p :D

Back