How many?

How many knives do you carry on a day by day basis?

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 9 52.9%

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10!? :O

• Total voters
Usually it’s an Izula for me paired with one other folder.

9e57Dvk.jpg

Generally 2...a Swiss Army knife and a folder with a bit more blade. If I’m hiking/camping/fishing a fixed blade is added.

How many knives do you guys carry on your person, when you got out in public, at home, camping, etc?

Just curious - this will be interesting. :)

(Feel free to upload photos of them as well)
i usually have 2 to 3 pocket knives plus a multitool and a keychain knife on my person, i almost always have my opinel and i usually also have a large stockman and i sometimes have a small stockman or a jack although the past couple days i have tried a medium sized canoe and i sometimes have a belt knife when it is convenient.

I typically carry a Leatherman Squirt PS4 and a Bugout which occasionally is exchanged for a Benchmade 556-1 (which I carried exclusively for many years) or a mini Bugout.

I have many many options from which to choose but these seem to work best for me.

Leatherman I find more useful a better made than an SAK for my typical day to day uses.

Mostly 2, one for you, usually a nicer knife and the other in case you need to lend a knife to someone, typically not knife nuts that doesn't know how to handle a knife that well and drop the knife.... Just kidding the second one in case the first go dull or for the sake for having another to interchange.

^^^I need to start doing this.
I usually only carry one knife. Most of the time it’s a nice folder, something I’m willing to use, but not necessarily pass to someone. I don’t typically change it up for hiking, although I do have a few purpose specific knives (gardening, fishing, beater, etc).

For me, camping = backpacking and I‘m very weight conscious due to a chronically bad leg. I used to carry only a light weight folder in my pocket (like a Delica or similar). Lately I started adding a 4” fixed blade to my pack.

If I have pants on, these three are on the belt...so at least three;)

View attachment 1399757

I’ve discovered that when I leave home without my pants on, carrying more than one knife draws too much attention.

:p:p:p

Really depends on the day, and even time of day...

9-5 Monday through Friday, normally just one. Right now it’s been a Spyderco Dragonfly, since I’ve been living in basketball shorts for the last 2 months. Normally though, it’s something in the 3-3.5” range.

After work (when I was working), or on the weekends, it’s at least two. Folder of some sort, and I’ll add in a small fixed blade. Lately the Guardian 3 has been filling that role.

Camping, hiking, or task specific, who knows. Could be any combo if folders, fixed, and MTs.

One thing I no longer carry is a small keychain knife or MT. I found they just added too much bulk to my keys, and I never used them because they were attached. If I added a small caribener, they were easier to use, but added even more bulk. The other issue was, I found myself constantly having to take them on and off to get through security areas. Airports lines, certain buildings that clients were in, and the metal detectors going into my daughter’s school... I found myself taking the knife off my keychain at least once a week. It’s one thing to pull a folder from my pocket, and stash it in the glovebox, but on and off the the keychain becomes a pain in the butt.

Poll has been added!

I chose "4". But 2 of them are slip joint pocket knives. Personally, I don't even count pocketknives. I only count them because it seems to be the consensus here at BF to do so. If you asked me on the street, I would say, "2".

Mostly two. One large Crk in my left pocket and a SAK in the right pocket. I lost my SAK so now it’s mainly one. In the woods I’ll have a folder and fixed blade. Always have a fixed blade or axe of some sort on fourwheeler, golf cart, tractor or anything else for riding around the woods and/or farm

Back