How much is my CRK worth?

so I want to sell my CRK small with Macassar ebony wood inlays because I need some extra cash but want some input how much its worth. Not sure how the resale value is on these higher end knives.
I originally bought it on May 17th, 2019 for $502 after tax
It's in really good condition and i have the box and everything that came with it except for the lanyard i took that off.

Attachments

• IMG_1510.jpg
    IMG_1510.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1517.jpg
    IMG_1517.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 69
You might explore the exchange for similar sales. A lot of sales get the listing price removed when it sells, but not all. Research currently for-sale blades by looking up their retail price and the asking price and compare percentages.

I personally consider a -10% deduct a fair starting point for a new-ish, mint condition/unused/LNIB knife. So ~$450 for your knife. Purely one man's point of view.

Having said that, some CRK will get a premium and maybe fetch more than retail if it is something collectible or rare. I have no idea about this knife's rarity.

Depends on how fast you want to sell it. As long as it's cheaper than retail, it'll probably sell. If you give a 10% discount, it'll sell at some point. If you give a 50% discount, it'd sell within five minutes.

Madcap Magician nailed it. IMO... for most CRK’s in new, nearly new or “just back from the spa” condition with box and all the CRK stuff, 10% discount = slow, difficult sale with a lot of haggling; 20% discount = easier, quicker sale; 25% discount = fairly quick sale; >25% discount = fast, easy sale. This is a major generalization and there’ll be (probably many) exceptions. CRK is still selling the Macassar Ebony inlays, which doesn’t help you. In addition, the Sebenza 31 now being offered may influence things (whether for the better or the worse I don’t know). Good luck with your efforts.

I use 20% as a starting point on anything that doesn't fall into the rare/high demand category. less than that I would prefer new. Now that 21's are discontinued I don't know how that might effect it and if any are available at dealers still.
So I would price it around $375/$400 and likely it would sell well. If you want more it may take longer or you could get lucky and find someone with a great desire for what you have.
you have all the items, but mint/unused gets the best price
Good luck on your sale

Madcap Magician nailed it. IMO... for most CRK’s in new, nearly new or “just back from the spa” condition with box and all the CRK stuff, 10% discount = slow, difficult sale with a lot of haggling; 20% discount = easier, quicker sale; 25% discount = fairly quick sale; >25% discount = fast, easy sale. This is a major generalization and there’ll be (probably many) exceptions. CRK is still selling the Macassar Ebony inlays, which doesn’t help you. In addition, the Sebenza 31 now being offered may influence things (whether for the better or the worse I don’t know). Good luck with your efforts.

The only way you'll really sell fast at a 5-10% discount is if you get lucky and find someone who is specifically looking for a user, which happens sometimes. I'll do that myself if there's a knife I really want to carry, but it's so nice that I don't want to buy it totally new and have first-scratch-on-new-car syndrome. Sometimes then it's worth buying a knife for a 10% discount that's only really 1% used.

Bought the DLT Exclusive 551-1701 carbon fiber/M390 Griptilian that way, very lightly used, off-center blade, traded into it and felt zero guilt about carrying it because it was imperfect already.

People either ask way too much (I’ve been guilty of this on occasion for “rare” ones or ones I’d rather not sell but must) or want a huge discount. Twenty percent has always been the best starting point in my experiences.

Back