How sharp can a CAK be?

Wanted to post this on here, out the box it came with a reasonable edge but I wanted to see how sharp I can get this blade especially using a lansky system believe it or not. So I put a 20-25° primary edge per side with a micro bevel to get that burr off. This khukuri is so sharp it push cuts through news paper print and shaves my leg clean with one stroke. No need to draw stroke through the news paper. Also shaving no need to go over the same area of skin twice like most people do.
I have been using the 16.9" CAK for wood prep since I got it and and love it. My 18.7" AK though is such a beast and I love the big 6.9" handle on it. I wrap self adhesive tape on my khukuri handle( all my knives for that matter) which really glues your hand to the handle specially when wet or sweating.

These knives are heavy and thats why I like them, even though my youtube channel makes you believe I am more a shooter than a knifer I have been training with knives since 2010 and believe in heavy blades for the damage the cause when thrusting. Not only are these knives great for splitting and chopping wood but can give you peace of mind being next to you while sleeping at night. ( i prefer my pistol but for many who do not habe firearms). Anyway a short review and my opinion in short.

Nice edge.
I had thought about using a lansky on a khukuri but never tried it. I always use sandpaper and mousepad. Did you move the clamp or did you do it all from one position?

Nice edge.
I had thought about using a lansky on a khukuri but never tried it. I always use sandpaper and mousepad. Did you move the clamp or did you do it all from one position?

Front and back... 2 positions. It's really easy just use a sharpy on the edge as reference then it's really easy to blend it in

I've used everything from India stones to Arkansas; carborundum to butcher's steel. The Himalayan Import blades will take and hold a pretty good edge.

Nice review, thank you for sharing

Back