how to carry a big knife on your belt?

My almost 32 ounce, 19 inch M-43 carries pretty well on my belt (heavy duty made by The Belt Man) in my homemade dangler sheath, but as others have said, baldric carry seems perfect for these big critters. I made my sheath for either carry with plenty of D-rings for lashing. Here's a pic of baldric carry using an ESEE Pack Kit strap:

M-43SheathandbigHIkhuks017-1.jpg

Where did you get that baldric rig? That thing looks sweet!!!!!

I'd say it's some very creative recycling of two used police duty belts. Good idea. That's some thick and probably well broken in leather put back into good use! The belts are often two pieces together, so it was probably split and re-sewn to form a gap for securing the khuk sheath. Maybe our fellow forumite could give us a blow by blow how-to on it. I'd also like to know about that curved handle little darlin' in the sheath. Take care.

thanks for the pics and ideas everyone! looks like i'll be backpacking it until i can convert one of my camera straps to a baldric :) also, for those of you who use baldrics, do you find that it slides around your body much? i was thinking of a 3rd strap to tether the rig to either my waist or my leg.

Back