How To: Cleaning a CRK Inkosi

You can skip the step of removing the stop pin. The two halves will come apart without loosening it. Assembly would then be started on the lock bar scale rather than on the presentation scale.

Also, I lube the pivot hole.

You can skip the step of removing the stop pin. The two halves will come apart without loosening it. Assembly would then be started on the lock bar scale rather than on the presentation scale.

Also, I lube the pivot hole.

That's the way I saw Tim Reeve show a guy at Blade this year.

Thanks Amoo for the vid. Now that I know how to clean a Inkosi I guess I have to get one :). Love your insignia on the handle.

Do you mean that you cannot remove the slab from the stop pin? Do you have to remove the screw holding the stop pin in place?

Do you mean that you cannot remove the slab from the stop pin? Do you have to remove the screw holding the stop pin in place?
Yes cannot remove the stop pin from the slab. And yes I remove the screw.
Even the rear spacer that the lanyard wraps around was very difficult to remove. It was super tight in there.

DON'T remove the stop pin- There is some alignment/clocking on it and it's not fun getting it back into place.
There isn't a reason to totally remove it anyway that I can think of.

DON'T remove the stop pin- There is some alignment/clocking on it and it's not fun getting it back into place.
There isn't a reason to totally remove it anyway that I can think of.
Thanks bhyde! That's good to know.

Back