Important Info! How to deal with SPAM

I do the same as @wazu013, report then ignore.

bhyde bhyde
I was curious which works better for your folks end, reporting the first found thread, or reporting the member?

If it is possible to remove/move offline the users content and ban them from having their profile reported and saving you guys a few clicks, would that may be preferred?
(Still post that it is reported though)

Reporting the first found thread works better in most cases.
Not sure what triggers it..sometimes the ban for spam button isn't present. This particular option removes all content posted by that spammer regardless of where it's posted.
When that is missing, we have to manually delete the content. When I do this, I merge all their threads and delete en masse' rather than one at a time.
FYI- If you are not a mod, you don't see the deleted threads. We still see them until they are buried with new content.. Just a fun fact and one of the reasons I will usually merge the posts.

On the bright side, it gives me something to do on nightshift...kind of a game to report a new user before anyone else;).

~Chip

[QUOTE = "James Y, post: 18030724, member: 105716"] если это имеет значение, спам в последнее время на корейском, а не китайском языке.

Jim [/Цитата]
and never in Cyrillic

Well if I'm ever in South Korea and looking for a good time, I know to check BF first for a list of "professional services" for the traveling businessman.

[REMOVED]

I will post in the appropriate sub-forum

Last edited:
THA
It's not a secret that the recent rash of SPAM have been nearly non-stop. There have been periods where the mods have not been able to get to it for a variety of reasons.
The good news is, EVERYONE can help with this!
One of the things we see when the spam is reported is that the same post has multiple reports. In VBulletin, this didn't matter as all the threads that were reported would automatically be merged for the same posts/threads. In Xenforo, this software, a separate post is created each and every time. The same post can generate a great number of posts that we have to wade through taking a great deal of time.
So, here's the request;
If you see the typical spam, post 1 time in the thread of "reported" or something to let everyone know that it's taken care of, and then report the thread.
If there are multiple posts by the same spammer, report the FIRST in the string of posts if you can and post in that thread.
If we catch the spam early enough, we have the option of marking the reported post as SPAM and then all content by that spammer is deleted and they are banned automatically.

We will leave this open for questions if need be, but please keep the questions or comments on topic.

I report them if I find them (found none yet) and if I can, report them to outside agencies as spammers/bots. *create a poll that asks "Are you a bot/spammer?" for threads. if they answer "yes" ban/report them on the spot.

Last edited:
*create a poll that asks "Are you a bot/spammer?" for threads. if they answer "yes" ban/report them on the spot.
wut-captions-what-confused-cats-wat-6875879680

I report them if I find them (found none yet) and if I can, report them to outside agencies as spammers/bots. *create a poll that asks "Are you a bot/spammer?" for threads. if they answer "yes" ban/report them on the spot.
You sound like a mall cop that calls 9-1-1 on anyone you think looks suspicious

You could also just post the spammer's username on a mod's profile with a copy of the spam message.

Back