1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Important Info! How to deal with SPAM

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by bhyde, Apr 13, 2018.

1. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Mar 19, 2002
    Reporting the first found thread works better in most cases.
    Not sure what triggers it..sometimes the ban for spam button isn't present. This particular option removes all content posted by that spammer regardless of where it's posted.
    When that is missing, we have to manually delete the content. When I do this, I merge all their threads and delete en masse' rather than one at a time.
    FYI- If you are not a mod, you don't see the deleted threads. We still see them until they are buried with new content.. Just a fun fact and one of the reasons I will usually merge the posts.

2. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    Man today has been the worst i have seen it. Literally 5 pages from one guy

3. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    On the bright side, it gives me something to do on nightshift...kind of a game to report a new user before anyone else;).

~Chip

4. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    bloody *ell, they are at it again with multiple users now :(

5. Rostovsky

Rostovsky

Apr 12, 2015
    [QUOTE = "James Y, post: 18030724, member: 105716"] если это имеет значение, спам в последнее время на корейском, а не китайском языке.

Jim [/Цитата]
    and never in Cyrillic

6. jc57

jc57 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Well if I'm ever in South Korea and looking for a good time, I know to check BF first for a list of "professional services" for the traveling businessman.

7. Benson X

Benson X Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    [REMOVED]

I will post in the appropriate sub-forum

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. jc57

jc57 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Benson X likes this.
  9. Benson X

Benson X Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Thank you, John. I will contact Spark directly to share my feedback/thoughts.

10. Victor Moses

Victor Moses

Jun 23, 2018
    During the activation of this website, I gave my AOL mail for my activation verification, but the verification resulted in spam. Thus I visited AOL tech support to resolve my problem.

11. JokersFaceLifter

JokersFaceLifter

Jan 6, 2016
    i got banned from another forum once for posting a picture of the canned meat, they accused me of sending spam

scottyj likes this.
  12. John861

John861

Oct 16, 2018
    THA

13. John861

John861

Oct 16, 2018
    thanks you so much about informations

14. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    I'm gonna fry up some of that "Hickory Smoke" flavored Spam this morning. :thumbsup: