How to decrease the detent?

I recently got a BRS Fragment, and I quite like it. However, the detent is quite sharp and takes away a little from the 'fidgetability' of it. Does anyone have tips to slightly decrease how harsh the detent is? I already loosened up the pivot a little and that did help some, but I was wondering if there was some cheat to that, or if it would just break in more overtime.

You can always try removing the over travel stop and bending the lock bar out a bit, don't over do it though. I usually remove the over travel and then bend it just a little farther than it would go out normally. Small adjustments can go a long way. You can also try a small drop of oil on the detent ball too.

Small adjustments can go a long way.
This ^^
Also, and I haven't handled the BRS Fragment, some knives depend on a strong build up of force on the opening mechanism before it lets go so that the blade flies all the way open.
One example is my Cold Steel Ti Lite. A little thumb stud, stuck down in a little cutout in the handle. On the first try one would think it is too hard to open. After some experience one sees that it is a superior design and flies open super fast and super well and should not be messed with.
I have four Ti Lites and have never tweaked a lock bar on any of them. Why mess with perfection ? !

This ^^
Also, and I haven't handled the BRS Fragment, some knives depend on a strong build up of force on the opening mechanism before it lets go so that the blade flies all the way open.
One example is my Cold Steel Ti Lite. A little thumb stud, stuck down in a little cutout in the handle. On the first try one would think it is too hard to open. After some experience one sees that it is a superior design and flies open super fast and super well and should not be messed with.
I have four Ti Lites and have never tweaked a lock bar on any of them. Why mess with perfection ? !

Thanks for the advice, I'm still not sure if I'll try anything. And yeah man, the Ti-lite is a sweet knife, great to put in your pocket when you go check out a bump in the night. Cheers.

Back