How to Order a Hinderer Fatty or Skinny

Frankopee

Gold Member
I "think" I'd like a new Hinderer XM-24 but on the popular online dealer's listings I see rare or no mention whether the knife is a Fatty or a Skinny. Nor can I find any info on the Hinderer website.

I'm assuming that the XM-24's that are 0.56" thick are Fatties but that's just a guess.

How does one tell for sure? Last dealer I called had no clue what I was talking about.

Thanks

I "think" I'd like a new Hinderer XM-24 but on the popular online dealer's listings I see rare or no mention whether the knife is a Fatty or a Skinny. Nor can I find any info on the Hinderer website.

I'm assuming that the XM-24's that are 0.56" thick are Fatties but that's just a guess.

How does one tell for sure? Last dealer I called had no clue what I was talking about.

Thanks
I don’t think there are an XM-24 Fatty’s, though there is a XM-24 Skinny.
Fatty:
1CAE436A-73BE-4C82-AA7B-BC7D5AAD5D6A.jpeg

Skinny:
8C65BBE9-3C8F-404A-B521-299BDD919E8B.jpeg

Usa made blade. Com @whitty check out their website. Or even just call. They’ll answer whatever questions you have and get you a knife if its in stock. Hinderer’s don’t sit around for too long.

There is no fatty 24. The normal 24 has .18" blade thickness, the Skinny .165".

New 24s you can get Gen 6 Spanto, and Skinny Slicer at various shops. There is a Gen 6 Spearpoint, but it's quite rare. Not sure which shops I can mention here, but google will help you ....

I suggest: figure out the desired blade shape first, then look to buy, and don't hesitate to buy an older used model. Ball bearings on the 24 for me don't feel right, brass washers feel better anyways. I don't like Spantos, I'd pick between Wharnie, Bowie, Spearpoint and Slicer. The Wharnie is the most sexy, the Slicer the most practical, IMHO.

Then buy. The Skinny Slicer is great, weight difference between Skinny and "Normal" is very noticeable.

This is an older (non-Skinny) Slicer in the kitchen. The Skinny Slicer would be even better in that setting. The Spanto basically useless.

i-XwxLdvC-X2.jpg

Now .... I love the XM-24, obviously. But the real Hinderer heavy-use knife today is the Full-track. Just saying :)

Roland.

Back