How to polish brushed blade?

Hi,

I've bought 2 knives last week. A Spyderco Para 3 and a Sage 5. The Sage 5 was okay at first but the Para 3 was very tight. I polished the bronz washers on a course and a fine paste, and put some oil on them, and played with the screws. After this the Para 3 worked like a charm, but it didn't help on the Sage 5. I realized that the the Sage 5's blade has a brushed finish, and the Para 3 has a satin one, as you can see on the picture. How can I polish that brushed blade finish around the pivot, making it as smooth as on the Para 3?
bladefinish.jpg

factory fresh?

the mechanism will break_in after months of use on its own. no need to mod now.

polishing is no fun. one could try qtip with white paste
The Para 3 yes. The Sage was used once to cut cardboard and opened a couple hundred times.

One solution is to polish that saw like surface. I also noticed that when the compression lock is pushed on both knives on the Sage 5 the "detent ball" which is on the end of the lock is not moving away that much as it does on the Para 3. On the Para 3 if I half press the lock the ball is not touching the blade at all, but on the Sage 5 after I almost pushed the compression lock way in I can see it almost touches the blade.

Back