How to remove the blue from thumbstuds?

I saw a thread where 91bravo did a DIY spa including dremeling the ano away using mothers polish. I want to remove the blue from dual thumbstuds on a small Seb I just got.

Can I do it without a dremel type tool? I've heard about Whink rust remover that might chemically remove the ano using a cotton swab? Thoughts?

Id try the Whisk before you try something abrasive, but Flitz or Mothers Mag will work.

Any metal polish should work. I have found that the blue is fairly easy to remove; as in, it takes just a few minutes to make it disappear completely.

I personally would try using a product such as FLITZ smeared on a piece of thin microfiber towel and rub gently. I like the blue on thumb studs so I would leave the knife alone.

Thanks all for your ideas! I will try to find some of these products around town.

Use it for a week and it will almost disappear. I wish it stayed blue longer, they fade fast.

I used sandpaper it was rather easy but be careful not to polish the stonewashed surface around the thumbstud.

As it fades off already through using/carrying the knife it should be very easy to be removed. I would try with some less aggressive material than sandpaper.

As it fades off already through using/carrying the knife it should be very easy to be removed. I would try with some less aggressive material than sandpaper.

With this:
Dremel20Polishing20Compound20Polishing20Compound2042120EN20r19791v15_zpsnv6cahbg.jpg

Any metal polish compound would polish the blue ano away. Do be careful if you are using fine sand paper or scour pads as it can scratch the blade surface easily. I would just recommend you use the knife and in no time the blue ano would just disappear except near its base. Looks cooler that way IMO.

Will regular silverpolish do the job? I like the blue, but my stud is now so faded that I might as well rubb it all of, including the blue spacer at the back..

Did my small 21 this morning. Looks awsome now.

I used a sponge, those with the abrasive pad on one side, rubbed with the green compound you get in brick form and polished away. For the back of the thumb stud I used a Q-tip rubbed with the same stuff. Backspacer was done on a strop. The lanyard pin I didn't bother with and just removed it, never use it anyway..

I've used Never Dull on a few blue ano studs. My large Insingo doesn't have any blue on it including the rear spacer. I did the studs on my 25 also with

Never Dull and a little elbow grease.

91bravo uses Mothers and a cloth. He uses a toothbrush for the hard to reach grooves.

I used Meguiar's Scratch X and a piece of cloth. It took about 10 mins to take the blue off the double thumb studs.

Cape Cod polishing cloth worked nicely on my 25. I now have a dremel so will try that on my Inkosi.

Did my small 21 this morning. Looks awsome now.

I used a sponge, those with the abrasive pad on one side, rubbed with the green compound you get in brick form and polished away. For the back of the thumb stud I used a Q-tip rubbed with the same stuff. Backspacer was done on a strop. The lanyard pin I didn't bother with and just removed it, never use it anyway..

That's what my Insingo looks like now, and got there after just a few weeks of use.

Anodizing wears away quickly, especially on a thumb stud.

Back