• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

How to use a Multi Guide Pro X by Belnap Custom Knives

I design and build the Multi Guide bevel guide. It started out as a personal project a few years ago to do a batch of hollow ground skinning knives. When I saw how well it performed I began to refine the design. When I started selling them I refined them further based on feedback from customers. During this video I demonstrate from beginning to end the grind process that I use on one of my small knives. The grind is flat with a slanted plunge. Grinding on AEB-L Stainless Steel at .200" thick.

In addition to making the guide in the Pro X and Mastersmith versions I also have ready made mounts for most popular make machines. I have guides and mounts installed on Pheer 454, KMG, Northridge, Oregon Blade Maker, Vashti Tactical, TW-90, USA No Weld, Bader 3, Grizzly, Downland. International shipping is available. Have shipped to Hong Kong, UK, Canada, and St. Barts. Google search Multi Guide Pro x to learn more.

There is a maker in UK that uses the guide to grind blanks for folding knives.

I design and build the Multi Guide bevel guide......

Very cool jig design. I am just wondering how this works with regards to heat treat.
Looks like it will take you right down to the point of hand sanding the finish with plunges set.
You do this post-HT? If so, how do you keep from ruining the HT? Grinding wet?

Kudos on your creative approach Daryl!

I grind blades to that point pre heat treat all the time. the steel in the video appears not heat treated yet.

Back