Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

Steingass Drop point for S day.
2 dollar six pack of UC. That beer must be old!
nwLKX3i.jpg

S is for Santa Ron, who sent me this Christmas season surprise one year! It's a Case Sowbelly Stockman with carbon steel blades and chestnut jigged bone slabs. Sufferin' Succotash, it's a sinuous, slender, spectacular, stylish, stately, and special knife!
sow.card.outside.jpg

- GT

U is for Utterly Unable to Unearth a Useful connection here, even though I'm usually reasonably competent and, uncommonly, creative at these "word games". The best I can do is an unreal "stretch".

U all know that British slang phrase "Bob's your uncle", right? It is understood to mean something like "and there U are" or "U are all set" or "piece of cake", etc. Well, the late and unforgettable Bob @BigBiscuit once had a GAW which I had the good fortune to win, and the knife Bob gave away was a Sodbuster Jr., my first example of a Case CV chestnut jigged bone knife. It was like, "U want a nice SBJr? Just enter a GAW, have your name picked at random, and Bob's your uncle!"

So unbelievable as it may seem, I'm going with
U is for Uncle Bob, who had a GAW in which I won this unparalleled Case Sodbuster Jr:
whittle.sbjr.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Back