Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

Very nice!

borrcibm.jpg

What's that mean GT??
Mostly, it means I'm a knucklehead, Charlie! :rolleyes:
There have been TV commercials for a carpet/flooring company called "Empire Flooring" or something similar that I've seen for almost 50 years. I first saw them while visiting friends in Chicago, where the business was originally based. Over the years, the company has gone national, and runs commercials on TV throughout the US. One aspect of the advertising has changed very little over the years: each TV spot ends with vocalists singing a jingle that is the phone number of the company, that they've kept the same as they grew, except it's now an 800 number. That closing jingle is what I posted, following a series of Empire knife examples from you. See how my mind is overcome by unwanted connections?? :D

Here's an example of the current jingle:

- GT

Mostly, it means I'm a knucklehead, Charlie! :rolleyes:
There have been TV commercials for a carpet/flooring company called "Empire Flooring" or something similar that I've seen for almost 50 years. I first saw them while visiting friends in Chicago, where the business was originally based. Over the years, the company has gone national, and runs commercials on TV throughout the US. One aspect of the advertising has changed very little over the years: each TV spot ends with vocalists singing a jingle that is the phone number of the company, that they've kept the same as they grew, except it's now an 800 number. That closing jingle is what I posted, following a series of Empire knife examples from you. See how my mind is overcome by unwanted connections?? :D

Here's an example of the current jingle:

- GT
I thought it an allusion to a science fiction show/film/book!

Back