Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

I'll join Charlie in Z for Zulu!

One I have.
9tP7LMS.jpg

One I want.
f5lEcyq.jpg
Beauties, but I thought we were still on "Y" today.

Z zzzzzzzz :D Been a long and enjoyable voyage through the 26 letter alphabet 3x That's near 3 months :cool: I can't offer any more in the future, Zounds! So that's my lot.

Z as in ZED or ZEE as you Americans prefer;) is a tough nut to crack and I'm using contrivance.

Z as in ZEBRA WOOD and ZULU (Tribal) LOCK LETTER

teU6Bvx.jpg

Of course we could always change alphabet from the Latin one :D

The Hellenic (Greek) alphabet uses 24 characters so that could be considered...

The Cyrillic one boasts 33 letters though and could be challenging ;)

QZe8vwD.jpg

But then the Armenian one has 39 characters :eek: move to Asia and it's really different;)

Actually, this Northfield Bolster stamp reads like a kind of Z when tilted :D

Thanks for this thread, Will

Here's another interpretation

Z as in ZIPPO the Masters of CASE :cool: I must admit I haven't used my Zippo for years, they may look cool but lack practicality in the field :D

aQYEBWL.jpg
Love my Zippo. My father always carried one for his cigarettes. But they are not that practical. The fuel evaporates quickly, even if you don't use it often. And it flavors cigars-- in a bad way. Only used it once for a cigar. Gave it a bad taste and made me queasy. They're still a cool item from the WWII era.

Eli Chaps Eli Chaps , this is a great thread, and I have enjoyed the variety of cutlery posted, especially by waynorth waynorth . Don't know how long this will continue, but I will have to bow out at this time--I just don't have that many knives! I'll keep "watching" and "liking", though.

Last edited:
My Entry for Z:
XYZ Brands produces, in China, an America's Trades, Double-ended Canoe Pattern with Parallel-Jigged Brown Bone Covers having Threaded Bolsters and an Oval Handyman's Club of America Shield (and an HCOA LTD Tang Stamp). It Arrived Packaged in a Black Velour Bag inside a Black Cardboard Box.
canoe.mark.main.bag&box.jpg

Gad Zooks, Zounds, and Zowie, we've made it through a third A-Z cycle! :):thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

While I enjoy this thread some of the fun (for me) is taken out by all the maneuvering to find the letters. True, there'd be a lot fewer knives shown if we just went with the beginning letter of a type or makers name, but that would have built a pretty interesting, searchable, amount of data.

Z is for Zowada:

sZb8iyC.jpg

Last edited:
Back