Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

Waynorth lambfoot. What a wonderful knife. A well done winner. What else could you expect?
IMG_1707.JPG

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

W is for Wisconsin, on the west coast of Lake Michigan, from where this knife came to me. It's a Case brown jigged Delrin peanut that I won in the first GAW I ever entered on The Porch. I think it's a well-kept, wholesome, wondrous, worthwhile, even world-class wee knife, and I'm not worthy! Thanks, Cory Hess Cory Hess !

In summary, using journalism's Six Ws:
Who: Cory
What: Case Peanut
When: October, 2014
Where: Wisconsin was the source
Why: Characteristic Porch generosity
hoW: Wonderful luck in a GAW
delrin.peanut.mark.2open.deckFord.jpg

- GT

That must be a record of subject letters, GT!!!:)
Way to go, remaining faithful to place-locations!!:thumbsup:
Thanks, Charlie. :) I've enjoyed focusing on locations in this round, but I'm starting to run out of ideas for subsequent rounds! :eek: Maybe I'll try to make it through the alphabet with names of people with whom I've had knife transactions.

Splendid Wilfred Works Barlows and sublime Winchester sowbellies!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

X is for Xicago (my desperate Web research for place names starting with "X" suggests that some in the Mexican community refer to Chicago this way, and I don't want to be xenophobic), and I've happily bought several XLNT knives from a BF member who lives in the Greater Chicago area, including this Case XX canoe (thanX, Lance):
outside.mark.upsidedown.jpg

Hugs & XXXXX
- GT

Y is for York, England, the location of Barnitt's hardware store. It was there, a couple of years ago during a visit to the UK (You Kay), that my relatively young daughter and relatively youthful wife picked up this rosewood lambsfoot for me. Yowza, what a knife; it satisfies a yearning! I've named it Union (Yoon Yun) Jack.
UJ.mark.Vopen.garden post.jpg

- GT

Z is for Zaragoza, Spain where my daughter got me this zippy, zesty, bovine horn Joker. Zounds, it's a knife that fills me with zeal and makes me shout, "Zippity do dah!" Fine knife to carry whether you're zigzagging through the zodiac zone zanily zapping zombies or you're simply zooming from zero to a zillion mph on your way to the zoo to see zebras and then zipping home to catch some zzzs. Sometimes I think I know zilch about knives, but I know this one is a zinger!

(Thus ends another trip for me through the ABCs :rolleyes:!)
joker.elle.dock.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
W is for Wisconsin, on the west coast of Lake Michigan, from where this knife came to me. It's a Case brown jigged Delrin peanut that I won in the first GAW I ever entered on The Porch. I think it's a well-kept, wholesome, wondrous, worthwhile, even world-class wee knife, and I'm not worthy! Thanks, Cory Hess Cory Hess !

In summary, using journalism's Six Ws:
Who: Cory
What: Case Peanut
When: October, 2014
Where: Wisconsin was the source
Why: Characteristic Porch generosity
hoW: Wonderful luck in a GAW

- GT

Imagine my surprise at coming on this site after months (maybe years?) of being away and seeing that somebody has tagged me in a post just a couple of days ago. Gary, you're truly a class act. Thanks for the smile this put on my face.

Back