Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

Zenith HJ with an etched Zenith tang!!!!
View attachment 1227211 View attachment 1227212
Zounds! That Zenith is za best! Just noticed itz past my bedtime -got to catch some Zzzz's

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Imagine my surprise at coming on this site after months (maybe years?) of being away and seeing that somebody has tagged me in a post just a couple of days ago. Gary, you're truly a class act. Thanks for the smile this put on my face.
Thanks for the kind remark, Cory; any day I can get someone to smile is a good day! :):thumbsup:
Good to see you here again; I always appreciated your contributions on The Porch. Speaking of contributions and smiles, it was great to see your avatar photo again of your daughter fascinated with the Sodbuster Jr.; she must have grown substantially by now.

I hope everything's going well for you and yours, sir! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

I've tried to have a different plan for what knives I post for each letter for each trip through the alphabet.
In the first round, I posted as many knives as I could think of that had a description starting with the "letter of the day", and I'd shamelessly use a knife for multiple letters. For example, I may have used a German-made AG Russell stag Mohawk canoe for the letters A, C, G, M, R, and S.
In the second round, I posted only one knife each day, and used a different knife for each letter (again only using a knife if the first letter of a word that described the knife matched the letter of the day).
In the third pass through the alphabet, I tried to see how few knives I could use. IIRC, I went A-Z using only 3 knives.
In the fourth round, I posted one knife per day, the first letter of whose color was the letter of the day.
In the fifth round, I posted one knife per day, requiring that the first letter of the city, state, country, or other geographic location from whence the knife came to me matched the day's letter.

In this sixth round, each day I'll post the name of someone with whom I've had some kind of knife transaction, where the first letter of the name will of course be the letter of the day. So, without further ado, another 26-day sequence begins.

A is for Mr. Austin, who contributed a Case amber jigged bone TruSharp Sodbuster Jr. to @mrknife's original never-ending GAW. My name was drawn as a GAW winner in one of the early rounds, and I selected that knife. It's A-1, a real Ace, very appealing!
amber.sbjr.mark.open.vert.jpg

- GT

B is for Barrett, who had a GAW in which I was fortunate enough to win this Big Rough Rider Bone 4-Blade stockman with a brilliant "blade" that allows me to battle beverage bottle caps, including those on beer bottles. Thanks, Barrett!
stock.4blade.mark.open.jpg

(I composed this post around 8am this morning, but just discovered while eating supper that I apparently never hit the "Post Reply" button. :eek::rolleyes:)

- GT

Back