Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

TWEED TIW

Omb7Dwg.jpg

Ha ha! Tabbies exist everywhere and came from Africa;) The boots are French Le Chameau, and when you're in the :eek: you need a good pair, gardens do exist in most places including the arctic. I like a coat because I'm old and they have a load of pockets for knife carry. I have all my own teeth including Wisdoms, no extractions-don't think that's ever happened in Britain....:D

P.S. there are foxes in the garden, shouldn't I be wearing a red coat and chasing them with horses and dogs then?? :confused:
My apologies!
I knew the boots were not exactly Wellingtons, I can absolutely relate to the part about being old and wanting to wear something comfortable with pockets, and your teeth are clearly better than mine. For what it’s worth I’m half Brit half Yank, raised a Yank, so feel free to poke fun at me (gently, in the spirit of this sub-forum) in return for my clumsy attempt at humor (humour?).:D

I carry one or two pocketknives every day, sometimes three or four in the course of a day. I live in a city, and work in an office, so a relatively small knife that fits in a pocket usually suffices. But if I were shipwrecked like Robinson Crusoe, or went on a walkabout in the outback of Oz, I would want a large fixed blade. A Buck 119.
d3LHSVc.jpg

I call it my Ultimate knife. I cannot think of a knife that looks better. And it will handle any task that could reasonably be asked of a knife. Perfect size and shape, good stainless steel, a sturdy handle. Tarzan would have loved it.

My apologies!
I knew the boots were not exactly Wellingtons, I can absolutely relate to the part about being old and wanting to wear something comfortable with pockets, and your teeth are clearly better than mine. For what it’s worth I’m half Brit half Yank, raised a Yank, so feel free to poke fun at me (gently, in the spirit of this sub-forum) in return for my clumsy attempt at humor (humour?).:D

:thumbsup::D

UNDER no circumstances was offence taken:cool: Just amusing, true about the teeth though-I lived and studied in Britain for years, do they have dentists there?:eek::D;)

This Remington UMC Big Daddy Barlow is the only "U" I can think of so far as first letter of a maker's name. I've seen the tang stamp often, but I don't think I know what UMC stands for. Thanks to anyone willing to add to my meager knowledge! :thumbsup::)
rembigdad.mark.open.box.jpg
rembigdad.tang.jpg

- GT

Back