1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Eli Chaps, Jun 30, 2019.

1. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    That is gorgeous, Jon. :thumbsup:

chuck4570 and meako like this.
  3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    My first ever pocket knife was an Ulster Scout (early '60s), and I've still got it . . . and still use it.

[​IMG]

Dschal, 2Dead, veitsi_poika and 12 others like this.
  4. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    After we've gone through the alphabet, maybe we could go through the numbers? Post one knife the first day, two the second, etc., without repeating any knives.
    ;) :D

5. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Gev that's one I've never laid eyes on. Mighty fine my friend.

UnBELIEVABLE!!! Incredible display John.

Kevin what a show my friend. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

6. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    Will Power and Prester John like this.
  7. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I don’t think his suggestion was to double the number daily; I read this as adding one knife to the total daily. This scenario could be done for a month with less than 500 knives. I don’t have that many, but I’m sure some here do.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Prester John and meako like this.
  8. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Back to the alphabet:

394B1730-1EEF-42B3-9FAC-357B170C2FA5.jpeg

9. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    I see that now...the chess story was on the radio last week...still a lotta knives though.

Frailer and Prester John like this.
  10. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Victorinox
    [​IMG]
    Spartan: souvenir from a visit to the Shiner brewery; and a Tinker, won in a GAW by @JTB_5.

11. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Wasn't serious, fellas! ;)
    I ain't got many myself. My silly sense of humour. :D

12. dcpritch

dcpritch Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2018
    My last W of the day - W2

Edited to say, Ooops, I guess it was too late in the evening for my brain to be functioning! 43B77067-0381-496B-8D4B-814ADD81FC7C.jpeg CC6660BA-CADF-49F2-9617-E28282B9CCD4.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  13. I'mSoSharp

I'mSoSharp Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Viking knife

[​IMG]

May I suggest when Z is over we just start at A again but don't repeat any knives?
    When you're out of knives stop posting. Simple?

14. danno50

danno50 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2008
    A Voss and two Valley Forge.

RIMG1818.JPG

15. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    No! Nor do any of my other admirers...;) We're not the Windsor family you know, too poor and far too intelligent :D

16. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    That's a mess of finery:cool: But THAT STAG PRUNER:eek::eek::D Could be The Thread Master;):thumbsup:

Thanks, Will

veitsi_poika likes this.
  17. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Here'a an interesting way to continue the thread, once we've done the English alphabet (no Ö Ä or Å)
    Think Russian Roulette:D Everybody who's posted here is assigned a number according to when they first posted, numbers get put into a Random Number Gen and if your number comes up....you have to hand over your entire collection(well, the ones you posted here let's be fair ;)) for a mass GAW by lottery!:eek::D Fancy it?;)

Prester John, Fodderwing and meako like this.
  18. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    VOSS CUTLERY Germany, top

[​IMG]

19. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    VIPER Osage Orange (no longer mine)

[​IMG]

Dschal, glennbad, Half/Stop and 12 others like this.
  20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014