Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

If I'd have thought a little deeper earlier, I would have posted this one too.
Eric's Jack
YxrJAr4.jpg

Interesting cutout on the can opener blade - I wonder if it was created to suit a specific purpose or just a common size for tightening nuts. I always get the idea from modern EDC makers that they were first to come up with this idea, and its nice to be reminded (again) there is nothing new under the sun.

Last edited:
Interesting cutout out the can opener blade - I wonder if it was created to suit a specific purpose or just a common size for tightening nuts. I always get the idea from modern EDC makers that they were first to come up with this idea, and its nice to be reminded (again) there is nothing new under the sun.
It is called a "Presto-Lite" key tool David. It was used on carbide auto headlights. Which helps date this Weck too. :cool:

Last edited:
It is called a "Presto-Lite" key tool David. It was used on carbide auto headlights. Which helps date this Weck too. :cool:
I'm so glad I asked - I've learned something new today!

That square hole is for adjusting carbide lamps. (beat to it...)

E is for E C Simmons:
S80wG3Y.jpg
This photo is one of the sharpest in focus I've seen in a long time, and a gorgeous knife, too!

It's a lamp key... uhhhh... I guess I'm too slow too. :D
Haha, you're way ahead of me!

David! A great collection!
Thank you very much, but as I see the wonderful knives flood across the pages of this thread I realize I'm just a piker, like a high school ball player sitting in the stands at a major league game watching how the pros do it. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself!

Tidioute #92 Eureka Jack

BhCEpSm.jpg

Tidioute #85 Bullet-End Jack in Salmon Acrylic

cZX9itj.jpg

And you have to have some Ebony on E-day!

Tidioute #15 Beer Scout Knife in Ebony

IGybzaz.jpg

Tidioute #74 Stallion in Ebony

F0TgGlE.jpg

Tidioute #14 Lick Creek TC Barlow in Ebony

oaF7vo7.jpg

Back