Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

Case Harvest Orange (and Obscure symbols):
View attachment 1161249
View attachment 1161250

- GT
Divergent sum... You're immortal... :eek:
Since today is H-day for the second round, I thought about Harvest Orange, and realized that I had never responded to John's comment when I posted my Case Harvest Orange knives in the first round. His comment is one of my favorites of all time!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::p Of course, the sum on the shirt is NOT divergent, so I'm NOT (physically) immortal :(, but conceptually, John nailed the implication of the formula on the shirt. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Unfortunately, after differentiation, evaluation, and simplification, the sum comes out to be simply 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ... + 1/2^n + ..., and looking at a ruler marked in halves, quarters, eighths, sixteenths, etc makes it obvious that the sum adds up to 1, and my age is 49 + 1 – (current year - 2002) = 49 + 1 – (-17) = 67, a finite age.

- GT

Since today is H-day for the second round, I thought about Harvest Orange, and realized that I had never responded to John's comment when I posted my Case Harvest Orange knives in the first round. His comment is one of my favorites of all time!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::p Of course, the sum on the shirt is NOT divergent, so I'm NOT (physically) immortal :(, but conceptually, John nailed the implication of the formula on the shirt. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Unfortunately, after differentiation, evaluation, and simplification, the sum comes out to be simply 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ... + 1/2^n + ..., and looking at a ruler marked in halves, quarters, eighths, sixteenths, etc makes it obvious that the sum adds up to 1, and my age is 49 + 1 – (current year - 2002) = 49 + 1 – (-17) = 67, a finite age.

- GT

WwR9EjW.jpg

:D

- GT
I knew that!

- GT
WhOOoooosh...
what was that?
It just missed my head!:confused:

Really the sum can never quite make it to 1, right???

Almost missed out today. waynorth waynorth you are putting on quite the show and I’m loving every bit. :thumbsup: It’s not just you, of course - this thread is just amazing!!!

Don Hanson III
313FD3FE-A667-428E-A59C-ACCE44D4CF21.jpeg

Jess Horn
179830EB-9CDF-41CC-86E5-559FBEF55A42.jpeg

Jack Cory, Hamilton, Montana
0726235C-A4E6-4986-9232-EF0DB6161C80.jpeg

Boker Harness Jack, an older one
1EE563E2-1739-496D-8CBD-80C54F7939DA.jpeg 1C0426AD-61DC-467A-BE9C-57C46F29A1D7.jpeg

Attachments

• 46ACF91E-D599-4DE8-A978-9D5C3C2B795C.jpeg
    46ACF91E-D599-4DE8-A978-9D5C3C2B795C.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 2
Almost missed out today. waynorth waynorth you are putting on quite the show and I’m loving every bit. :thumbsup: It’s not just you, of course - this thread is just amazing!!!

Don Hanson III
View attachment 1172653

Jess Horn
View attachment 1172661

Jack Cory, Hamilton, Montana
View attachment 1172657

Boker Harness Jack, an older one
View attachment 1172672 View attachment 1172673
Thanks for the compliments and "likes" everyone!!
I have to stop for now!! Packing (and typing) takes me forever, and now I have to pack for our trip to Buffalo and Titusville. It's been fun digging up these knives and pics!!
Sorry I gotta go, but see you in about 2 weeks!! This is a great thread!!!

Thanks for the compliments and "likes" everyone!!
I have to stop for now!! Packing (and typing) takes me forever, and now I have to pack for our trip to Buffalo and Titusville. It's been fun digging up these knives and pics!!
Sorry I gotta go, but see you in about 2 weeks!! This is a great thread!!!
Wish I could meet up with you there. Hopefully one of these years I'll make it to the rendezvous. Thanks for the show and have a safe trip!

- definitely in the 'H's is Howard Hitchmough. A maker from England UK who in later life went to live in New Hampshire where he still lives, and only recently hung up his apron and retired from making. He is great friends with Geoff Hague and the below shows two of Howard's and one of Geoff's together

P1040124.jpg

PP1040127.jpg

P1040129.jpg

Howard started life making tools and instruments for dentists, his skills are amazing and he'd make everything on his later work which included exquisite gold inlaid and worked folders - an example (not mine)

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 09.04.36.png

Back