Howdy HOGS! Anyone from Lubbock Texas? I'm moving there!

All of my wife's family went to Tech and so did my daughter, I looked at it but decided on another college. I also have some friends that went there and they all loved it. It is a weird town but everyone that I know that has been there would go back.

Hopefully it's not dust season around there. I lived a few miles south in a little town called level land, no trees for as far as you can see, plowed cotton fields. I hope its not like what I recalled living was like in west texas years ago. I had to change all my filters on my car because the dust clogged up everything and made my car quite running. The guy at the auto parts told me to change them at least once a month during the dust season, which lasted a few months I believe.

It's a dust bowl with tumble weeds flying around, and little piles of dirt around every window or door in the house that air could come through. I had to put towels and rags in front of all the openings to keep the dust at bay. They told me it was the dust season around there that comes every year. I hated that place but worked in the oil field at that time.

I couldn't wait to get back to MO. to see the ozarks and hunt in the woods again. I hope you have a nicer time than I did and maybe it's all changed since the late 70's. Have a good one and stay safe out there.

I’ve lived here 27 yrs. Retired from TTU Health Sciences Center. Dust and 50-plus mph winds yesterday, beautiful sunny day today. Dust season is ~ Mar-May. Good luck.

Yea...I've heard about the dust. Less humidity than SE Virginia though. And less cold. They still have winter there from what I hear but not as cold as DC where I work. And after my stroke....the cold hurts more than ever. Texas seems more and more desirable everyday. I can't wait.

Don't crack your windows on a windy day. The inside of your vehicle will look like a bag of red powdered donuts exploded.

Don't ask me how I know.

Didn't mean to rain on your parade I'm sure there are alot of good things that go on there and good times to be had. Heck years ago when I was down there me and my brother went into town to get some drinks as the town we were in was a dry county no booze allowed.

We drove the 20 miles to the liquor store and as I waited outside for my brothers return with the drinks the next thing I knew was the door swung open and I was attacked by a giant tumbleweed that my brother stuffed into his car ontop of me. He laughed his azz off that Dam thing stuck the hell out of me. OH! The Good Old Days. That was the most fun I had in the dust bowl. Have a good one and hopefully it goes well for you. Cheers,

Thanks Garth, Yea...less cold there for sure....but now it's a 1 in 10 year thing I hear. The cold hurts more than the heat for me now. I'll take the dust too!

Finally made it to Lubbock Hogs! Love Texas! Been to many states...very glad I am here! Texas Rocks! Pics to come! Any brother Hogs near by wanna hang for a bit feel free to reach out! Not working just yet so loaded with free time and need to get off my ass! Hope all is well with everyone thanks so much for all the support Brothers! Busse Brothers for life! Oh.....and....have you loved a Busse today? So glad I have my trusted TGULB with me. A security device for sure! God Bless Texas!

My Dad went through Lubbock working on the pipeline, he went to the post office and noticed the flag was tethered to the pole with a chain rather than a rope...My Dad asked the clerk why they did it that way, the clerk said "You not from around here, are ya son?" 🤣

Back