HTM Info

Just passing this information along to anyone who has an HTM that may need work.

Mike Manrose
9827 Highland Prairie ln
Forney, TX 75126
mbmanrose@gmail.com

Mike controls HTM. If you need work done, you can try to contact him. There is no HTM website.
I posted a response to another post that was a year old. It appeared suspect, I suppose. So, after speaking with Darrel Ralph directly he has given the go-ahead to put some more info out.
Darrel has severed ties with HTM completely. The story, in a nutshell, is that Darrel was undermined. Darrel believes in customer service and getting the product right the first time. Others didn't care and were only out for money. Darrel hated it and has parted ways. He can not repair any HTM knives. He actually advises against looking at HTM. He has said that since the move back in 2012, all HTM's are junk.
Now, Darrel has purchased some more machinery and is forging ahead with the DDR line. Since DDR's are made directly under Darrel, he will stand behind all DDR products. There has been a serious purging since the split and customer service is as high a priority as getting the product done right before it's ever shipped.
Give the new Dominator a look and handle one if you get a chance. It represents what true custom knives should be about. It represents what all DDR is about.

So glad I have a Dominator on order :)

Darrel is an awesome knifemaker and a good friend.

He seemed great when I met him in 2012. It's a shame though. Wonder if hell start a mid tech line under the ddr name.

He seemed great when I met him in 2012. It's a shame though. Wonder if hell start a mid tech line under the ddr name.

DRT is going to be his mid line.

I really wish I had seen this prior to the purchase of an HTM rendition of one of his knives. In a nutshell, it came to me loose. Locked open the blade would rattle side to side. With a round pivot in a round hole I could not adjust it or take it apart to fix. I tried their 'contact us' page many times with never any reply. I even tried multiple browsers just in case. Each time I sent a msg I was shown a page saying msg sent.

I called the place I bought it from, they did offer to refund but couldn't replace as they didn't have a nother copy of the lscf version. They suggested calling. I called the # sent with the 'warrenty' information. After a few rings a generic answer msg starts playing w/ nothing about HTM knives. As I am about to hang up a lady gets on. I explain story and was told to send it inand told dont need a ra#. I was given 'personal email address' in case I needed an update and was told to send a description of issue along with atn that lady and my email address and they would keep me informed. They didn't. I emailed lady 3-4x and zero replies. Called and left msg, no reply. Tried contact page again w/ no reply.

Amazingly, it was actually returned to me. Unfortunately, they did nothing to fix the issue. They did manage, though, to F-up the LSCF.

Its too bad Darrell's name is attached to this company's products. Follow his advice and look elsewhere.

Old thread, but I'll throw in my HTM sort of recent experience. I Can't speak directly to HTM DDR's, but I did pick up a couple of HTM Lambert Snap's. While they didn't make me a raving fan, I think they were fairly decent for the price I paid. I was going to give one to my son, but they were way big in his hand. So I sold one and kept one. The one I kept had some pretty severe lock stick. But a little break in and all is now good. Because of the overall handle thickness, it's not my favorite edc, but makes a great bedside and around the house knife. Action is butter smooth and fast, lockup has a very satisfying and loud audible "snap". And for actual use, the large-ish handle fills my grip nicely for great control. The fairly stout 154CM blade did need a full reprofile sharpening. But it did take a very pretty jeweled 16-17ish degree edge. She's a laser now.

2wnztr9.jpg

Looking back I'm not convinced that I'd be happy paying the full retail price, but I think that about most any brand that starts breaking the $100-$200 price range.

Nice to see you posting again!

Back