• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

HTM Knives....the ugly

I have a pretty good idea who the mystery owner of HTM is, but I won't speculate without knowing the facts. What I will say is that this is a very sad story concerning a talented knife designer and a genuinely nice individual. I, for one, wish Darrell all the best.

Ok, so I know this is from a couple months ago, and sorry to resurrect, but this popped up on blade hq today. It appears to be decently made, aluminum and G-10 handles, push button auto, 154 CM and priced low enough for an "I'll give it a shot knife" but I remembered some negative stuff about HTM/DDR whatever company name they are under now.

So some guy in this thread said that they split ways. Well this knife is marked with DDR and HTM right on the blade, the title is HTM TAS and the designer is listed as Darrel Ralph. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? Do we think HTM has gotten their act together, or likely not?

Just looking for some feedback before an impulse purchase that may go wrong. I know nothing of DDR or HTM except that I have been interested in a couple of their designs but never pulled the trigger. And have heard some bad stories on BF.
Any thoughts, opinions or facts are welcome. Thanks in advance.

hand-tech-made-taszgi-auto-large.jpg

Blade HQ link to the knife in question Our Sale Price: $169.99!

Just got one. ..but slightly different. The one with the holes in the blade. Worked great for about a handful of days. Now the button sticks and wont open fully and wont catch to close completely. Going to have to take it apart to see why. Spring under button gone bad or pocket debris stuck or maybe a burr.....ill find out when i have the time and energy to fix it.

I might have just got unlucky...

Man O' Man O' Man...did I get lucky!

I own two AXD's and a Madd Maxx 5.5...all three are perfect!

I thought DDR and HTM parted ways officially. One look in the forum here and it appears that is the way it is. Not sure why these new knifes are popping up with the same old logo if the relationship was ended. Something still don't seem right to me.my own previous experience dictates. I will not be testing anymore of this brand out anytime soon if ever.

I thought DDR and HTM parted ways officially. One look in the forum here and it appears that is the way it is. Not sure why these new knifes are popping up with the same old logo if the relationship was ended. Something still don't seem right to me.my own previous experience dictates. I will not be testing anymore of this brand out anytime soon if ever.
HTM has to put DDR on the blade because DDR is the one who designed pretty much all there knives

Back