HTM Knives...why aren't they more popular??

No left hand carry options. A cheap knife I can deal with it. But at those price points not being able to it carry how I want to is a deal breaker.

Lol bladehq states it has a .009" lock tab for a solid lock up. I'm guessing its .090" and hoping its not .009" thick!

i am a newbie, that said I just ordered a madd maxx 5.5 black blade natural titanium handle that looks gorgeous, then read some of the forum post here. I must say I'm a little nervous but am still hoping for the best, recently got a Blackie collins AO by HTM and am thoughly impressed with the speed and smoothness of it's action, right down to the ring as it snaps. Hope the MM measures up.

I have traded this one for CS Espada XL and I love it . Everybody who has chance to handle my knife wants to buy it.
5r4UCR1.jpg

I bought a Madd Maxx 5.5 A/O with DLC blade in late November and it was perfect straight from the box. But then I ordered an AXD 5.5 A/O DLC/black handle and when it showed up it was open like 2" in the box. Wouldn't stay shut. I had the option to send it back to the vendor (not HTM) for a full refund, or send it to HTM for a warranty repair. I almost returned it because HTM makes you pay the shipping for warranty work, even though I would call this a DOA. I paid since I get a good shipping rate at work, and shot it off to HTM on 12/22. I called last week to check status and she said the tech was doing a full frame change to get the detent legal for CA (must be biased towards closure or it can fall under the switchblade rule - felony!). So I expect it back this week. I'll report back - if it is perfect I'll end up happy for the A-zon price I paid. If not, then I'll never buy one again, and I'll let people know why. A number of people have nailed it here - customer service is very important - anyone can screw up so it's critical how you deal with the screw-up after.

Jim

I cannot say you are wrong. But I have to admire Darrell for having the balls to say it lol. Right or wrong.

You admire someone for being an ass to their customers when they have issues with products that cost good money? Strange...

You admire someone for being an ass to their customers when they have issues with products that cost good money? Strange...

LOL luckily I have handled some HTM at the shop who selling imported knives. The knife remind me of some Chinese counterfeit even though it was the real one. I would definitely stay away from this company seriously...

Back