• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Huge Variety of Vintage Micarta

UPDATE: ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD. Thanks for your interest, and thanks Blade Forums for the space!

So I decided to clean out my shop, and I found a bunch of old micarta that i've picked up along the way and never did anything with. Thought maybe some guys out there would be interested in it. I tried to label everything with their own letter.

Tons of pictures along with measurements can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/CBPoh3p

A-This one is a lot of 3 pieces. Two very large pieces of vintage Canvas, and one decent sized flat sheet of non-vintage natural canvas. Please follow the links i'm including, there are a ton of pictures of everything, including measurements. I would probably cut the flat piece of natural canvas into 2 pieces for easier shipping.

Qzh5GBs.jpg

B-A huge piece of forest green vintage canvas. This thing is an absolute beast, and has a gorgeous, deep dark green to it. Awesome stuff. H758kLN.jpg

C-A large cylinder of ivory paper. Yes, there's a bit of a curve to it, but it can be cut into scales that are thick enough to sand down one side totally flat and still have plenty of material to contour. This stuff is highly photosensitive. The picture you see is obviously a fresh piece that's been sanded and polished up. Had that sat in the sun for 8 hours, it would look more like the usual Westinghouse ivory paper. Also, color appears to be nice and even throughout, unlike the usual "cheddar" micarta you see. Enough material in this cylinder for a whole lot of projects.
Rg3fkvT (1).jpg

D-A nice piece of old Westinghouse Canvas. I don't live far from where the old Micarta Works factory was in Trafford, PA. This was one of the pieces I picked up from a guy who's grandfather worked there. o8FKy29 (1).jpg

E-Slotted block of vintage black linen. This is one of the last few pieces from a huge stash I picked up off an old Randall collector a while back. Nice big block, too.

F-Another slotted block, this time it's a two-tone canvas. Super cool and definitely unique, IMO. This block is a bit smaller.

Price for both E and F together: $75
5295RKd.jpg
5VQsuru.jpg

G1 and G2: Two very beautiful blocks of paper micarta. These also came from the Randall collector I mentioned. Please note, these are not the usual Westinghouse vintage paper, despite looking similar. These are actually more of an yellow/tan color, with this very unique bi-layer thing going on. Tried to show it in pictures, but it's hard to capture. Very nice-sized blocks, and not the sort of stuff you see too often. xQXxYYM.jpg

H-A very big sheet of vintage natural linen. This is some of my favorite material. It's a super tight weave and has this really awesome color when sanded down. This piece is huge, so I would be cutting it in two pieces for I send it out. KoTmAyY.jpg

I have more stuff that I plan on listing once some of this goes. I'd be willing to cut deals if anyone wants more than one item.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I'll take C. Interested in some other stuff potentially also if you're down for any trading.

email me if I'm not on here, I only came on because someone mentioned this. javan.dempsey@gmail.com

Last edited:
Hi, Ill take everything not already purchased. Let me know how to pay you and the total and Ill get it out to you.

Thanks

Jack

As of now, C, D, E and F are on hold for a few guys. Will update once things are finalized.

Hi, Ill take everything not already purchased. Let me know how to pay you and the total and Ill get it out to you.

Thanks

Jack
You got it. Will shoot you a pm later tonight. I have some more stuff I'm listing later which you may also have interest in.

Thanks

Jack

Hey Jack, for whatever reason I can't PM you. Shoot me a message and we can work out the details.

Back