• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hunter Slicer - repost and redux

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi everyone, Here’s another hunter slicer style offered up for your consideration. It's a workhorse and ready for a variety of tasks in the field.

Steel 5/32” 52100 professional HT 60/61 hand sanded to P1500 grit for a clean satin finish.

Edge before sharpening was .015” or so and the blade glides through phone book paper, leather, rope etc.

Dimensions: 9 5/8” OAL, Tip to Scales 5 1/8”, Width 1 ½”. Balances at the front pin.

Wenge/black limba/leopardwood contoured scales with a 10 degree sweep, sanded to 1200 grit. Scale elements are reinforced with two threaded rods per side. The handle is finished with Danish oil and carnauba wax. Pins and tube are stainless and touch points are rounded where they need to be. It feels great in my average sized hands. The sheath is lined with a fine felt like material. It will come with a fluorescent orange paracord lanyard.

Was $175 now only $165 to your door, via paypal, check or MO. Your satisfaction is my only priority. Feel free to comment, ask any questions or request more (high resolution) pictures. Thanks for looking!

19-15 1.JPG 19-15 2.JPG 19-15 3.JPG 19-15 4.JPG 19-15 6.JPG 19-15 7.JPG

May I ask who does your professional HT? What is HT (temp, cryogenic etc?)

Hi mr2blue mr2blue of course! I've been using Paul Bos Heat Treat. I can't speak to the details but could find out more if you need the info. I would say it's a standard protocol for 52100 though and it comes tempered and ready to finish, every blade is tested in several locations along the tang. Quite sure it would be two temper cycles.

Back