Hunter/Utility in bronze and ironwood

Here's a nice one, fresh off the bench. I send my fair share of knives out the door (at least 5 a year :p ;) ....a little joke for those of you that know me well) and most of them I'm fine with seeing them go and have no particular attachment. Heck, some of them I can't wait to get out of here. :D But this one I'd REALLY love to keep. I like the materials and the colors, the details and the slimness of the handle....everything about this one I like a lot. Anyway...

Forged from 1075 steel
8 1/4" overall, 4" blade
Rounded spine and ricasso
Rounded filed thumb grip
Bronze collar with stippled band
Damascus fluted accent
Desert Ironwood handle w/ carved and stippled panels

All comments and discussion welcome.

37896782026_deb6114ce2_c.jpg

37896780516_d903738353_c.jpg

37896778876_54db0391d5_c.jpg

37896777576_b8529c0731_c.jpg

37896775556_9941f96c1f_c.jpg

Exquisite! You are truly elevating your "craft". Craft has taken on a lesser connotation but it was always intended to describe skillful handwork and attention to detail and that is my intention in using it here. This lovely knife is another sublime example of John Doyle craft. I hope you secretly carved my initials on it somewhere John ;).

Ray

I wonder how much natural ability you have vs hours in the workshop to produce something like that?
Absolutely stunning!! I wish I could apprentice with you for a year or two.

Exquisite! You are truly elevating your "craft". Craft has taken on a lesser connotation but it was always intended to describe skillful handwork and attention to detail and that is my intention in using it here. This lovely knife is another sublime example of John Doyle craft. I hope you secretly carved my initials on it somewhere John ;).

Ray

Thanks Ray!

I wonder how much natural ability you have vs hours in the workshop to produce something like that?
Absolutely stunning!! I wish I could apprentice with you for a year or two.

Thanks. I take that as quite a compliment!

Back