Huntin with your Traditional Knives

Beautiful Steingass knife; wanted one of his for a good while now but never scraped up enough loot so far. Have to admire from a distance.

I've admired that style of knife (Loveless) for years. Steingass does a great interpretation. I have a Russell Easler in a smaller size that is my favorite (and only) custom knife and my number one squirrel and rabbit knife. It was fairly close in shape to a Loveless and I modified it to be closer. If I had known how much Easler knives would appreciate after his death I wouldn't have modified it!

Today's success on California's opening day!!! Me and my dad tagged out for the day! I carried and used my new #43 to break down my bird. It did a winderful job.
k2RbkEy.jpg

Fl5cZsv.jpg

That's one of the things I altered , I took off a bit over an eighth of an inch from the width to fit the shaping that I wanted. Gave me a super usable knife to use on small game, at the cost of ruining any future monetary value. Offset pin and all it has been the best little fixed blade I've ever owned. The stag has seen a bunch of sweat and blood. The steel that Easler usually used was ATS34 and so far edgeholding has been excellent and zero rust so this probably is ATS34 too. Made 2007.

Edit to add: The Easler is 7-1/8", the Lone Wolf 8-1/8".

Last edited:
1st time going out for some Blacktails...it's been hot. Haven't really been motivated to go out. Until today, we have some weather coming in on Tuesday and I thought what the heck. The view is the back of my grandparents property. One of my favorite places to hunt. Where I shot my biggest buck and also my first buck. It's weird hunting the property since my grandmother passed away. She would have dinner or some cookies ready when I got back to the house...:oops:. These views reminded me why she picked the property in the first place to build their home all those years ago! @johnny twoshoes thanks again for the#72!!!! California Blacktails hunting at it's best...Feist or famine! Hopefully this rain and cooler weather gets em moving!
IMG_20180930_183726.jpg
OzQtKmF.jpg

IMG_20180930_184553.jpg

Back