Hunting gloves

What gloves do you wear to keep your booger hooks warm while you're out hunting in the cold? I've had a pair of $40 Cabela's flip top mitten gloves for the last couple years but they're getting wore out and there were times, even when new and dry when they left me with cold hands on a long cold day.

I've found that a long glove that comes way up on my wrist with a heat pack tucked in the glove top against my inner wrist makes any glove work a lot better.
Warming the blood that's going to your fingers can make a big difference particularly when you're inactive, as on a stand. Same thing with your feet. Heat packs between your boot and sock on the inside of your ankle.--KV

best setup I've ever used is a good liner and a lightweight glove ... much better than a heavy glove ... the idea of layering gets overlooked for hands too much ...

also a belt type hand warmer around my waist ... with heat packs to warm up if needed after having my gloves off for something or while in a stand inactive for long periods works better for me than heavier gloves.

but be careful with heat packs in boots ... I have seen burns ... yup heat packs can actually cause burns if in tight areas ... it's a call we get several times every year ... someone starts out of a tree stand and feels pain ... better off to use insulated boot socks over your boots on stand if you have trouble keeping your feet warm.

I use a pair of army surplus green wool mittens that leave the trigger finger seperate. They are pretty good, they are less bulky than alot of the winter gloves I have found. I have a pair of Thinsulate camo gloves too but they are too thick and they arent all that much warmer than my wool mittens.

Back