Hunting season 2012/2013

Tagged out for fall shotgun turkey today, a little after 3. Got a heads up from dad about a group of turkeys in a pasture field and the direction they were traveling. Managed to sneak up almost on top of them.

IMG_3194-1.jpg

While crossing a drain I had a little 4pt. walk within 15 yards of me- managed to get a poor cell phone photo.

2012-10-290900291.jpg

It's been windy here lately, so all you folks closer to Sandy are probably really feeling it. It's still good to be out in the woods even with the cold and wind, now to wait for deer season.

Let us know how that roach belly works for you.

KYTurkey, Nice job man! I had a turkey under my stand two weeks ago while I was deer hunting at my new spot. Good luck deer hunting.

My future brother in law took his first buck (with a bow) yesterday. He used the PSK I gave him for his birthday last year to skin it. Said it worked great. I told him to post pics on Scott's wall on Facebook.

I've been busy lately, but did manage to get a couple does during deer season. Also went squirrel hunting for a couple hours one day.

IMG_3196.jpg

2012-11-19101411.jpg

While out squirrel hunting I had a little buck walk within about 15' of me, and didn't phase him a bit. I got my phone out and got three photos of him walking by. I enjoy having wildlife that close especially when they have no clue your there.

2012-11-19091114.jpg

130 3/8 160lbs 5 1/2 yrs old more to come with a few yotes and hogs
IMG950510.jpg

While out squirrel hunting I had a little buck walk within about 15' of me, and didn't phase him a bit. I got my phone out and got three photos of him walking by. I enjoy having wildlife that close especially when they have no clue your there.

2012-11-19091114.jpg

that's awesome! but man...i've been waiting for that to happen. amazing. i had no luck, but it wasn't for lack of effort. rifle season ended yesterday....so apparently, i am going to need to try muzzleloader as well. :)

130 3/8 160lbs 5 1/2 yrs old more to come with a few yotes and hogs
IMG950510.jpg

Nice rack RWT!! Uhhh...so to speak. ;) :D

Congrats.

wow. looks like i could recycle my joke with you. great looking buck there andster. congrats.

Way to go guys, congrates to all. I haven't been able to hunt at all, long story but I'm glad to see some of you have been successful.
Scott

I am trying trapping for the first time this winter. I've put out 3 snares, 5 footholds and 2 dp traps. Since Wednesday I've caught 2 coyotes, 1 coon, and 1 possum, I'd say that's pretty good beginners luck.

I am trying trapping for the first time this winter. I've put out 3 snares, 5 footholds and 2 dp traps. Since Wednesday I've caught 2 coyotes, 1 coon, and 1 possum, I'd say that's pretty good beginners luck.

Wow! That is cool!

I went hunting yesterday morning and evening and we didn't even see a deer.

We still had fun though. I was a bit shaky climbing into a 17' tall ladder stand but I got up there.

-Stan

You guys have been having better luck than me. Hunted hard during our modern rifle season and never got a good shot at a buck. Trying our muzzelloader season now and have been seeing deer but just havent had a good shot yet. Our young Lab got lucky though, he got his first Ruffed Grouse today.
Rudy packing out his first real bird.
103_1659.jpg

Rudy giving me our soon to be dinner.
103_1657.jpg

Rudy posing with his first bird.
103_1655.jpg

nice! congrats Jason (and Rudy).

i had a spikehorn (i think) walk within 30 yards of me yesterday. i do not have a scope on my muzzleloader. nor did i have binocs with me. for the life of me, i couldn't tell if there was a second point on either side. sigh. well, i guess he'll be a year older next year. ;)

good luck.

A good weekend on a buddies place
IMG9540832.jpg

That's fricken awesome RWT!
Congrates to you Jason.
I've been hunting behind the house. Had 15 doe about 60 yds away last Friday morning. Didn't get a shot but pretty cool seeing that many so close to the house.
Scott

Back