Hurley Creek

mykel m

Gold Member
Yup, its here and it is all that I imagined and hoped for.
First is the namesake.
Hurley Creek is the drainage for the area I love to camp in and I've spent many hours wandering it's banks and taking refuge from summer heat over the years.
unkRvol.jpg

PSfi2hB.jpg

And the knife.
HgxEyUd.jpg

1Pbcrmd.jpg

G0TE59n.jpg

54rk3rs.jpg

QMGPfkz.jpg

NjVIZQ2.jpg

u2BYGTt.jpg

iqPNLYb.jpg

Heck of a little knife John, thank you for bringing another of my designs to life.

I like your Hurley Creek and your JK HC too. Good design for a small one. Especially like the - just a bit of guard - and the rounded in all the right places. A bare essential style knife that will be certainly prove its usefulness .:thumbsup:

Nicely done team :cool:

Ray

Great design and great workmanship. I'll probably order one soon. It looks like the spine of the blade is rounded and the handle square. Is that correct?

Great looking knife! (And pics)

I like your Hurley Creek and your JK HC too. Good design for a small one. Especially like the - just a bit of guard - and the rounded in all the right places. A bare essential style knife that will be certainly prove its usefulness .:thumbsup:

Nicely done team :cool:

Ray
Thanks Ray.

Good stuff! I dig it.
:D

Glad you are happy with it!
HTTP2Nkbi5iYWNreWFyZGNoaWNrZW5zLmNvbS9kL2QyLzIwMHgyMDBweC1aQy1kMmYyODEyN19naXZpbmctdGh1bWJzLXVwLXdpbmtpbmctc21pbGV5LWVtb3RpY29uLmdpZgloglog.gif

Great design and great workmanship. I'll probably order one soon. It looks like the spine of the blade is rounded and the handle square. Is that correct?
Yup, rounded spine and John did indeed round off the handle edges just enough that they don't bite into my hand and thanks to the thickness it is actually comfy.
I've handled quite a few blanks in 1/8" stock and this 1/4" stock feels way Comfier.:thumbsup:

The handle has all edges rounded off
Comfyied. :thumbsup:;)

That might just get popular
Mayhaps.

FANTASTIC!
:)

Love this one! Nice pics Mykel. :thumbsup:

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I hope you like yours.

Great looking knife! (And pics)
Thanks Glenn.:)

That's a good looking blade. And if you needed you could pry a car door open in an emergency lol.

How's it carry in the pocket?
Haven't had a chance to take it out for a test run yet.
I'm sure it'll ride good in a back pocket though, as that's what I designed it for.
As to the car door prying...damn straight.;)

Back