Hurricane Harvey

Hey All,
Was just wondering, has anyone heard from Danny (Ndog). I hope he and his family are ok. Some serious weather his way. Sending smoke and prayers

I exchanged messages with him last night. His area was getting a lot of rain, but otherwise they were all right as of yesterday.

He, and others in Texas, might be out of touch at times due to power outages. Some people get their electric power from far away, so they could be affected even if they are not right in the storm and flooding areas.

I don't know exactly where he is, but I think he's in the hill country, so he's far enough inland that he should be fine. Here in Houston lots of people got flooded, but the area right around me is fine.

He told me he is on high ground and he had a couple weeks supply of beer. He didn't anticipate any issues. He was concerned about weather he would make it to work or not but he didn't seem terribly concerned about that either.

For everybody down there, hoping for the best. It's a real nightmare for sure.

I don't know exactly where he is, but I think he's in the hill country, so he's far enough inland that he should be fine. Here in Houston lots of people got flooded, but the area right around me is fine.
Brother you hang in as well.

Brother you hang in as well.

Will do. I'm in an area that doesn't flood easily, but all those people who live in sight of a bayou have water issues. I'm within walking distance of some areas that flooded. There's a prominent street nearby that has a good section underwater. But I'm just fine.

Hello my best friends and thank you Pugs for checkin in! We are ok! I did almost run out of beer and dog rawhides (they get nervous in storms) and had to go make another beer and rawhide run before the Colorado runneth over the 150 bridge but I think we will be fine now. Looks like ill be flooded in tomorrow tho. According to the experts the Colorado should crest after noon tomorrow so Im planning to take a vacation day tomorrow. Id rather be stuck at home with a cold beer than at work with uhhh ...Not a dang pleasurable thing at all:) I did check for some lost beavers that might have gotten wershed up from the east but apparently that part of the river aint gotten swollen enuff yet. We are still getting a :poop:load of rain but nothing life threatening. Fortunately the rain slowed down enuff this morning for the dogs to slip out and take a trump! I was startin to worry about what they were doing about that? Dont normally have to worry bout that kinda stuff. Thanks brothers for checkin on me. My power went out for a bit so couldnt do much but flint knap under a single LED on UPS but I did get a pretty nice hunting point out of it.
Hope your OK Scara! My cousin had to plucked from his roof in Dickerson but he is fine. Other than that the rest of my family is ok. They still got lots off flooding to go tho. My wifes family all live in Beaumont, Port Arthur, area and they dont know whats in for them yet. I invited them over but they aint goin nowhere. Ill keep yall updated as I can and as power lets me. I really think were good from here on out tho.
I was thnking we could get a Khuk posse and to Houston tho! We could prolly clear the streets and get things going again pretty quickly eh?

Hope your OK Scara! My cousin had to plucked from his roof in Dickerson but he is fine. Other than that the rest of my family is ok. They still got lots off flooding to go tho. My wifes family all live in Beaumont, Port Arthur, area and they dont know whats in for them yet. I invited them over but they aint goin nowhere. Ill keep yall updated as I can and as power lets me. I really think were good from here on out tho.
I was thnking we could get a Khuk posse and to Houston tho! We could prolly clear the streets and get things going again pretty quickly eh?

I really am fine. Others have been worried, but the worst that has happened was we were without power for a couple of hours this morning. It came back during a lull in the rain. I heard a literal cry of joy. I also noticed that everyone was out walking their dogs during the lull. But I'm not in any of the really hard hit areas. The pictures from Dickerson are shocking though. Some of the photos from nearby are pretty shocking too. I plan on going for a walk tomorrow if there's a good lull and seeing the sights for myself. I'll take some pictures for y'all. I don't plan on taking a kukri with me though. Everyone in the city has been very polite, friendly, and helpful. I was in HEB on Friday getting some supplies, and the list I was given included avocados. Well, a pair of ladies who I assume to have been Mexican out of nowhere started helping me select good avocados. Actually, they picked out the most perfect avocados ever for me. But everyone in the store was polite, friendly, complete strangers were chatting and joking. The line for checkout was very long, but I was only in it for two minutes because of how well they were moving it along. And the guy who was in line behind me when I checked out joked to me that he already had plenty of water, so he was buying what he wanted. He had two large bottles of red wine. And I nearly forgot, when I walked into the store, they were playing Hey Hey Hey Goodbye over the speakers. I almost wondered if they were trying to say something there. ;)

Danny,
Great to hear your ok, was worried about ya brother. hopefully all stays well for all you guys. Can try to send beer if ya need man.

Kamidog, I am really glad to know you are O.K. One of my ex-crewchiefs down on the Brazos near Orchard has some serious issues. Call us if you need something to keep you getting by.....uh that does NOT include my Guinness OR Butterfingers!

Stay safe brother, need anything, just holler. Well, in this case, send a text or something.

Danny and rest of the peoples be safe,

Any yall heard from phillllll lately? Hope he is evacuating? Looks like Irma is headed his way! Jose is right behind.

All good for me Doc! I squirreled out! You always want to be on the backside of one of these storms. Sure needed a Butterfinger tho;)

Yeah there looking pretty grim at the moment, I am hoping he is ok. Im worried as well if it turns north to soon I am getting a hit here. So big smoke needed for all of us on the eastern seaboard. Fingers crossed here man.

Back