1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hybrid Kitchen (26N3) with Wa Handle

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by DanF, May 21, 2019.

1. DanF

DanF KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 17, 2017
    My Japanese Kitchen Knives book has not arrived yet and the wife claimed this one before I handled it so after looking at a few different Wa handles I came up with this. Hopefully the book will lead me in a more traditional direction.
    20190521_111259-734x1305.jpg
    Six inch edge, ready for sharpening.

2. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    Nothing wrong with that one.

Sharpen it and buy her some fresh veggies and chicken and turn her loose with the wok.

Justin Schmidt and DanF like this.
  3. Alex Topfer

Alex Topfer

May 1, 2019
    Looks good!
    Is the pin the same handle material as the bolster?

DanF likes this.
  4. DanF

DanF KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 17, 2017
    Thanks, bolster is African blackwood, pin is carbon fiber.

5. Alex Topfer

Alex Topfer

May 1, 2019
    Ah, i was wondering if you were making wooden pins (it's something i want to try at some point)

DanF likes this.
  6. butcher_block

butcher_block KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 6, 2004
    loooks good and looks liek you did a good job of fit up. cant tell how the grind is but use will tell you and your wife if it woudl be better thinned out. when you book gets there i think you will see blades with less belly (all about east vs west cutting style)
    nice job

DanF likes this.