I’ve had a Benchmade epiphany....

I recently bought a 943; I’ve been lusting after one for a while. Since then, I’ve boyght two more and a 940-1702 REI version. I can’t believe I waited so long to try these knives. I was a longtime Spyderco fan, owning many of them. While I like the variety they offer, the wide profiles were always something I hated about them.

My 943/940 simply disappears in my pocket. I don’t even know it’s there until I need it. Plus, I work in a fairly “stuffy” office environment, so pulling out a PM2 def raised some eyebrows. Not really so with the slim profiles of the 943/940.

I’m not telling you all something you don’t already know. However, I truly think I’ve found the knives that’ll make me happy for a long time to come. I only wish there were more varieties of the 943. I have a satin and a coated blade already, so I guess it’s on to collecting 940 varieties.

Thanks for listening, guys.

Yeah, same thing. 90% of my collection is Spydercos but since I work in an office environment and don't need a hard use knife during the week I find my Bugout in my pocket more than anything else. It disappears just like the 940 line, is lightweight, slices like a dream and just is an overall perfect knife.

Yeah, same thing. 90% of my collection is Spydercos but since I work in an office environment and don't need a hard use knife during the week I find my Bugout in my pocket more than anything else. It disappears just like the 940 line, is lightweight, slices like a dream and just is an overall perfect knife.

I’ll have to take a look at the Bugout. For me, having the larger knives seemed kind of pointless since I could only carry them on the weekend. Let’s face it, most of us spend more time at work than we do at home, so I figured I might as well find some knives I can carry AND enjoy at work. Enter the 943 and 940.

I had an epiphany at work today (it was a boring day) and thought about switching up the handles of my 943 and 940 -2. So I now have a green aluminum handled 940, a black aluminum handled 940, and a black handled g10 943 (now a -2?). I do get bored easily...

I’ll have to take a look at the Bugout. For me, having the larger knives seemed kind of pointless since I could only carry them on the weekend. Let’s face it, most of us spend more time at work than we do at home, so I figured I might as well find some knives I can carry AND enjoy at work. Enter the 943 and 940.

I really don't think you'll be disappointed in the Bugout! Give it a try and let us know.

Back