I am a Manix 2 fan

I have to admit it. After owning Paramilitary 2's, trying out the Stretch, and other similar sized knives, I prefer the Manix 2. It has just enough extra room on the handle that it does not severely cramp my hand, and the blade is a very good slicer. I have 2, a lightweight and a back lock. I have used both of these knives to cut all sorts of things and I often find my self unconsciously grabbing one when I need a knife.

I like that there is a bias to close, and that the locks are very strong and wiggle free. These are very safe knives. I would prefer a lightweight with a back lock, but this is only a preference and does not keep me from buying them. The CBBL is a good lock in its own right, though the bias to close is not as strong as the back lock. I am happy with it.

I cannot think of a single Spyderco mid-sized folder that I would rather have when the chips are down and I need a robust, dependable knife.

I have 6 variants. No bakclocks yet. I used to think it was too big until I got one. Still dreaming of a LW model with carbon fiber instead of FRCP.

2 LWs
2 g10s BB lock
2 xl's

The Manix and the Native are two of the most solid locking knives I've personally held. The Native is a bit small in my grip, the Manix is way more comfortable. If it weren't so bulky and if my daily tasks required more heavy duty work, I'd carry it all the time.

42116B8E-CA35-405B-82F3-9F0624CF2D3B.jpeg I have to agree with you I am also a Manix fan. When I first bought a Spyderco I actually bought 3 I got the Manix 2, PM2, and Native 5. The Manix 2 became my instant favorite followed by the Native 5. While I do prefer the linered models I like carbon fiber scales on mine. I also really prefer the CBBL lock over all others. It feels really strong. I haven’t tried a backlock Manix or a lw Manix. I don’t mind the he weight of the linered models. I’m planning on buying the Maxamet version soon if the don’t come out with a g10 version. I would really like more steel options in the Manix 2 platform.

I have 6 variants. No bakclocks yet. I used to think it was too big until I got one. Still dreaming of a LW model with carbon fiber instead of FRCP.

2 LWs
2 g10s BB lock
2 xl's

I have to agree I would like a Manix 2 similar to the native 5 with no liners and maybe contoured carbon fiber scales. I would settle for some flat ones too. That would be super lightweight knife. I love the way the flutted cf native 5 feels.

I would also like to see one made from all titanium with no liners.

View attachment 920430 I have to agree with you I am also a Manix fan. When I first bought a Spyderco I actually bought 3 I got the Manix 2, PM2, and Native 5. The Manix 2 became my instant favorite followed by the Native 5. While I do prefer the linered models I like carbon fiber scales on mine. I also really prefer the CBBL lock over all others. It feels really strong. I haven’t tried a backlock Manix or a lw Manix. I don’t mind the he weight of the linered models. I’m planning on buying the Maxamet version soon if the don’t come out with a g10 version. I would really like more steel options in the Manix 2 platform.
Jeez dude! You're a Maniax :p

View attachment 920430 I have to agree with you I am also a Manix fan. When I first bought a Spyderco I actually bought 3 I got the Manix 2, PM2, and Native 5. The Manix 2 became my instant favorite followed by the Native 5. While I do prefer the linered models I like carbon fiber scales on mine. I also really prefer the CBBL lock over all others. It feels really strong. I haven’t tried a backlock Manix or a lw Manix. I don’t mind the he weight of the linered models. I’m planning on buying the Maxamet version soon if the don’t come out with a g10 version. I would really like more steel options in the Manix 2 platform.

Nice! Looks like you like to double or triple up on some sprints and play with different scale options. I also like the g10 better than frcp. I have a Maxamet LW and I may one day do the rivets to screw conversion to do a blade swap. Worst case I sacrifice a LW scale and get a sv30 donor.

I have to agree I would like a Manix 2 similar to the native 5 with no liners and maybe contoured carbon fiber scales. I would settle for some flat ones too. That would be super lightweight knife. I love the way the flutted cf native 5 feels.

I would also like to see one made from all titanium with no liners.
Yes, sign me up for a fluted CBBL fluted titanium manix. Or one like the CF native S90V.

I really like the manix, and prefer it over the pm2. I had the CF cruwear version but lost it, and replaced it with a jade M4 version. I did purchase a replacement CF cruwear, and that will be the ONLY model I'll own two of when I get it. Something about it just works.

Love the Manix, but was never a fan of all that jimping everywhere.
Then I picked up these two.
Manix 1 and Manix 2 backlocks.
Great knives and sort of a "matching" pair for fun but I don't carry them much so I'll probably pass them on as a pair at some point.
U2aMw1r.jpg

The Manix's are my favorite Spyderco too! So far I've collected the 154CM, S30V, S90V, S110V, and Maxamet varieties. Would love to get my hands on the XHP version or any other upcoming sprints. My grail though would be a Manix in M390 or 20CV.

I too have a growing manix2 family.

Currently I have,
LW Maxamet
LW BD1
LW Orange s90v
G-10 s110v
XL S90v (kw exclusive I think?l

I'm a Manix too!

Oh, wait I'm a Manix fan 2!

Nope.. Not right. I'm a Manix 2 fan too! Yeah that's it!

1MHWBrF.jpg

It's my favorite Spyderco platform without a doubt. If I was stuck with a single knife for the rest of my life, my CruWear/Carbon Fiber Manix would be it. I'm starting to pity my PM2.. He's been in his box since the Manix was dropped off in my mailbox.

Sadly I'm stuck with just the one, but when I have CruWear and Carbon fiber why would I even need another? ;)

I'm a bit of a Spydie slut and I like 'em all. :) I do have a certain fondness for the Manix 2 though. The S30V G10 model was one of my first Spydies. It's incredibly smooth and I don't mind the weight or size but I don't carry for some reason. I do carry one of my Manix 2 LWs along with a smaller knife quite often.

I picked up this one recently and I'm quite impressed with it.

epD0021.jpg

I'm a Manix too!

Oh, wait I'm a Manix fan 2!

Nope.. Not right. I'm a Manix 2 fan too! Yeah that's it!

1MHWBrF.jpg

It's my favorite Spyderco platform without a doubt. If I was stuck with a single knife for the rest of my life, my CruWear/Carbon Fiber Manix would be it. I'm starting to pity my PM2.. He's been in his box since the Manix was dropped off in my mailbox.

Sadly I'm stuck with just the one, but when I have CruWear and Carbon fiber why would I even need another? ;)

As far as fit and finish I feel like you have the best one. I have been pretty impressed with the Cruwear/Cf Manix. It’s the smoothest one I own but I favor my M4 manix the most. I have two in rotation and one is in my pocket everyday. My secondary knife is also a Manix in either Cruwear or S90v.

I wish there was more variety I really enjoy beating my knives. I have yet to try Maxamet but I’m trying my hardest not to buy a LW. I really want a G10 Maxamet version.

I picked up this one recently and I'm quite impressed with it.

epD0021.jpg

You just ruined my day. Here I was, all happy about my current Manix 2 collection and you went and posted this! I guess now I will have to save up some money and get one of these.

I'm more a Para2 guy, but I admire the Manix a lot, it's ergos and overall solidness.
I much prefer the XL, used this one as a work knife for years, awesome folder.
Occasionally I carry the Manix cruwear for a week, it's a tough folder for sure.

KZCharM.jpg

PQU0lCT.jpg

I ended getting getting a couple pairs of carbon fiber scales. I finally got around to swapping them out.
173B0D74-E9E6-463D-9D4E-785D017E2B91.jpeg

P.S. if anyone has some carbon fiber scales they want to trade or sell pm me. I have two sets of natural g10 scales I would be willing to trade.

Back