I am a Manix 2 fan

As far as fit and finish I feel like you have the best one. I have been pretty impressed with the Cruwear/Cf Manix. It’s the smoothest one I own but I favor my M4 manix the most. I have two in rotation and one is in my pocket everyday. My secondary knife is also a Manix in either Cruwear or S90v.

I wish there was more variety I really enjoy beating my knives. I have yet to try Maxamet but I’m trying my hardest not to buy a LW. I really want a G10 Maxamet version.

I've been wishing for that too, a G10 Maxamet Manix would be the bomb. If that came out tomorrow I'd jump at the chance. Hell, if they went with a screwed in Light Weight model I may even be willing to give it a shot, but I really like knowing I can break down my knife(even if I'll never even have to).

I've regretted not grabbing one in M4 when they were out, I love the looks of the DLC, but a patina'ed Manix would look out of this world. Maybe my indecision on which one to get made it impossible for me to choose just one, haha. I'm betting I'll have one of them by the end of the year.

I like the LWs. My only complaint with the Manix is that they take up a lot of pocket space. Since I don't carry a lot of stuff in my right front pocket it's not a big deal. I gave my BD1 LW to my son when this one arrived.
IMG_0686-X3.jpg

The Manix2 rules. It was my first Spyderco back in 2010 and I still carry it here and there.

I much prefer it over the PM2. Exquisite ergos and lock.

Darth_cholo I don’t consider it to be a duplicate. I have a Manix collection within my Manix collection. It’s all the different blade steels I have with carbon fiber. I consider the s90v and cpm154/s90v to be another.
View attachment 923911

Very nice. I thought I had a carbon fiber fetish. You put it to shame. Starting a PM2 collection too only 2 and counting with rex45 on preorder. No duplicates there in cruwear and M4. Crazy selection sypderco offers

Dare I say, you don't seem to have a saber grind manix? (watch he has all variants of this one, and in CF :p )

That would have been pretty funny if I did but I don’t unfortunately. My Manix collection is still growing. I will have to pick one up soon. The 154cm only came saber grind correct? I still have to get that one, the BD30p, a S30V, BD1 and I’m probably going to go for a LW maxamet since the g10 version seems like it’s never coming. Ive been trying pretty hard to hold out but I really want to try maxamet.

I am hoping for a Rex 45 Manix. That would be an awesome knife. A LW or a BL linerless would be just great.

I’m hoping they make a liner less cbbl. It seems like it’s possible just like the native 5. If they make a g10 version that way then a carbon fiber would possible as well. That is my dream knife. I bet it would feel so light like the native does in comparison to a linered model.

I’m hoping they make a liner less cbbl. It seems like it’s possible just like the native 5. If they make a g10 version that way then a carbon fiber would possible as well. That is my dream knife. I bet it would feel so light like the native does in comparison to a linered model.
They already make a linerless FRN CBBL and a linerless back lock Manix 2. I think they are moving in that direction.

I got a manix G10 version about a month for a great price and other than it being comboedge its awesome. Tightest spyderco lockup Ive ever seen.

View attachment 920430 I have to agree with you I am also a Manix fan. When I first bought a Spyderco I actually bought 3 I got the Manix 2, PM2, and Native 5. The Manix 2 became my instant favorite followed by the Native 5. While I do prefer the linered models I like carbon fiber scales on mine. I also really prefer the CBBL lock over all others. It feels really strong. I haven’t tried a backlock Manix or a lw Manix. I don’t mind the he weight of the linered models. I’m planning on buying the Maxamet version soon if the don’t come out with a g10 version. I would really like more steel options in the Manix 2 platform.

Wow! Looks like your collection has recovered. Lol. I don't see the Gray/DLC 52100 in there. That one seems right up your alley! I'm going to grab one soon myself.

I have to admit it. After owning Paramilitary 2's, trying out the Stretch, and other similar sized knives, I prefer the Manix 2. It has just enough extra room on the handle that it does not severely cramp my hand, and the blade is a very good slicer. I have 2, a lightweight and a back lock. I have used both of these knives to cut all sorts of things and I often find my self unconsciously grabbing one when I need a knife.

I like that there is a bias to close, and that the locks are very strong and wiggle free. These are very safe knives. I would prefer a lightweight with a back lock, but this is only a preference and does not keep me from buying them. The CBBL is a good lock in its own right, though the bias to close is not as strong as the back lock. I am happy with it.

I cannot think of a single Spyderco mid-sized folder that I would rather have when the chips are down and I need a robust, dependable knife.

I only have a Cruwear and M4 in the Manix, but it is probably my favorite larger Spyderco. It really feels great in the hand and instills confidence. I do prefer it to the PM2, Millitary, and Para 3. My all time favorite is the Native 5 (G10, linerless G10, and LW...like them all!) for its perfect size for EDC, while still be large enough and tough enough for most tasks. I hope to see more variety in the Native steel-wise. Cruwear and 52100 are must haves for me. A Red G10-M390 from DLT Trading would be a must have as well.

My first manix was the g10 s110v. The xl is what I carry, alongside a Millie, most often. I wish they’d do a cruwear xl. I don’t even know if they’ve ever done sprints or exclusives of the xl.

My first manix was the g10 s110v. The xl is what I carry, alongside a Millie, most often. I wish they’d do a cruwear xl. I don’t even know if they’ve ever done sprints or exclusives of the xl.

they sure did. 1 single one I think and I just picked one up for a premium here on the site. Standard sprint with S90v and carbon fiber peel ply. They show up from time to time on the marketplace.

Back