I broke my dads Buck 110 25 annivesery

Hi BladeForums i am a boy from Denmark my name is Frederik and i broke my dads old (Buck Knife 110 25th annivesary knife) i was on a trip with my class mates and i sat with my friends then the end of the knife just broke off. If somebody could tell me how much i have to give for a used Buck knife 110 25th annivesary that could be Nice i am very sorry because i broke it... sorry for my english it is not that good but i tried my best
- Frederik

Buck can probably fix it if you mail it to them..

I googled it and found a one for sale for $100 plus shipping.

Yea so i sat it in a tre and then i pilles it out. The knife was very sharp at the end and then i pilles it out of the tre and then the small tip at the end of the knife felt off

When I was a kid most Buck 110s I saw had a snapped off, resharpened tip. It was like a rite of passage to put a point back on one.

Very sorry to hear of the mishap.
I m sure your father will eventually forgive and forget the incident.
Its may seam like a bitter lesson for you now;
but rest assured, its all part of growing up.
I m just surprised that you did manage to
snap of the knife's tip with a twist or pull.
That must have been quite a deep stab
in to the tree?
A young man as yourself will benefit
from being absolutely careful in future
seeing just how strong and capable you are already with handling a knife outdoors.
There's always a slight chance that the knife
blade could have been less than perfect from the factory.
And therefore an equal chance for you to write in and perhaps send the poor knife over to buck or your local representative and see how fast buck knives would respond to your complaint.
Best of luck! Its not the end of the world...
tbCAwJ4

Last edited:
I am 99.999% certain that the tip did not in fact, "just break off", whilst you sat with your friends...

Good luck getting it fixed/replaced. Hopefully a valuable lesson was learned in how to care for, and not misuse tools... Also, I hope you had permission to be carrying it in the first place. If so, great, but if not, as a parent myself I'm not gonna lie, I hope he finds out and teaches you another valuable lesson about not taking other people's things without permission.

Frederik, im sure it will be easy to fix. good advice as above to take it easy and not worry. its only a knife. dont worry about people above insinuating that u have done something so wrong.

I did worse to lots of my fathers things and he forgave me. Time came when he broke some of my things. How could I be mad at him? Life is too short and family is too important.

I remember when I was really young wanting so badly to use my dad’s 110. It was very much “his knife”, he wasn’t exactly fond of letting other people use it. He eventually got so annoyed with me asking to use it that we drove down the the store and he bought me a buck 110 of my own.

Glad he did because I’ve used and abused the living crap out of that knife. It now enjoys life in the glovebox

110 tips are super easy to bust. I'm going to guess that over half of people who own/borrow one and use it hard/abuse it break the tip off. I know i have. The weight of that brass handle can get away from you and snap the tip in short order.

I have a couple of 110s. I have one i keep sharp and clean for dress carry, one i use but dont abuse at work, and i have one i bought back in '99 that has the tip snapped off and reground to a sort of chisle scraper thing that i generally thrash on the job site if i dont want to abuse my edc folder.

Depending on the damage Buck could regrind the blade or if it's brocken to far back they will do a blade replacement for $10. Lol,this reminds of a thread some years ago started by a young lad saying the tip of his Buck 110 just up and fell off. Upon some questioning he fessed up , it fell off after repeatedly throwing it into a tree.:eek:

Back