I didn't expect this: Bugie is Delica killer?

I'd say that the Bugout has very little in common with a Paramilitary 2. Although the Bugout has more usable cutting edge, the Para 2 is quite a bit heavier as well as thicker and longer in the handle with a heavier blade stock and full steel liners. It's a very different knife.

I'm a big fan of the Spyderco Delica. That said, my Bugout is getting quite a bit more pocket time lately. While I prefer the ergonomics of my Delica, the slim profile, lightweight, and deep carry pocket clip are making the Bugout my preferred work EDC.

Prior to my Bugout I occasionally rotated in a Benchmade 531, now it's hardly seeing any carry time. Looking at them side by side I actually noticed the Bugout has a bigger pivot than the 531. Though I'd happily trade an increase in weight if I could get the Bugout with G10/Micarta scales.

Once they release a Bugout with CF scales I think it will take over the lightweight edc world.

A custom scale maker also did a manix liteweight in carbon fibre. Simply amazing.

I like the bugout, but can’t stand thumb studs. It’s a deal breaker for me. I’ll stick to my Delica, or my mini-Grip with sheeps foot blade.

I think I'm the only one that likes that bendy plastic in blue. I'll forever keep it original.
I like the bugout, but can’t stand thumb studs. It’s a deal breaker for me. I’ll stick to my Delica, or my mini-Grip with sheeps foot blade.
What's wrong with thumb studs? Yeah the hole keeps your thumb moving above the edge so you don't keep your thumb in the same place and get cut I guess. You're forced to push up while the studs you keep an quarter arc and right in to the edge I'm thinking.

What's wrong with thumb studs? Yeah the hole keeps your thumb moving above the edge so you don't keep your thumb in the same place and get cut I guess. You're forced to push up while the studs you keep an quarter arc and right in to the edge I'm thinking.

+1

Although I rarely use the thumb studs on my Grip or Bugout as they so easy to set up to flick open effortlessly and still have little blade play. To close I pull the access lock a bit and just make sure my fingers are out of the way.... snaps closed.

I have over a dozen Spydercos, and none of them except my Manix 2 can be set up this way.

I think I'm the only one that likes that bendy plastic in blue. I'll forever keep it original.

Nothing wrong with them, just my preference. I don't like them, in general.

I'd say that the Bugout has very little in common with a Paramilitary 2. Although the Bugout has more usable cutting edge, the Para 2 is quite a bit heavier as well as thicker and longer in the handle with a heavier blade stock and full steel liners. It's a very different knife.

Don't think anyone was comparing the Bugout to the PM2, as they're two totally different animals.

I like the Bugout and for EDC I think it beats out the Grips for ease of carry, however it will fall short compared to the full size grip for heavier use (obviously, size sometimes matters). I would love to see other colors in the Bugout and immediately purchase another if they were also available in CF or G10 since the slight weight increase would not bother me.

The only thing that keeps me from buying a Bugout is the fact that I already own a 351 Pardue which is already small enough, and I just don't care for the handles. Not a big fan of blue and don't like the handle material. If they offered the Bugout in Carbon Fiber, I would bite. Saw the knife at Cabellas recently. Nice blade but I just didnt care for the overall package. Only two questions for Benchmade-- Who decided on this color and why?

I have the same setup and really love my REI 531-1501. Also dislike the blue 535 scheme. It's glaring, and the only real fix is to go with CF scales...which makes the price a little steep. If BKC offered a darker scheme Id be more interested. Cheers!

I have the same setup and really love my REI 531-1501. Also dislike the blue 535 scheme. It's glaring, and the only real fix is to go with CF scales...which makes the price a little steep. If BKC offered a darker scheme Id be more interested. Cheers!

Well, it's all subjective. Some people like this or that. But blue is something usually found on a disposable utility knife or shop box cutter. Why I found it odd. The blue color just adds to the 'plasticy' look. I generally don't like the plastic look or feel on knives and one of the reasons I never got into the Griptilian line--except for the G10. Which is the same issue I almost always have with Spyderco in the aesthetics area---the FRN just has an overall cheap look and feel. This is what keeps me from owning more Spyderco. But I definitely wont pay over $100 for knives with plastic handles, unless it is something like G10. Doesnt matter the brand really. $100 is not an insignificant amount of money. On a Byrd Meadowlark I can deal with but I am only paying $29.

For me the Bugout has replaced the mini grip. Like Seneca18 I still prefer a full size Grip for heavier cutting. But these days, what I'm carrying and using most is either a Bugout or a 940-1.

I actually like the blue handles now. Didn’t think I would originally but it’s definiteky grown on me. I have no plans to change the scales or buy a different one when they come out with different colors/materials. I enjoy mine immensely just how it is

Sure I'd like aG10 similar in color to my 531, but the Blue does make sense when you consider the context of the knife. In a Bugout/Outdoors scenario you don't want to lose your knife. While orange has come to be accepted as the go-to color for high visibility, the color Blue has been shown to stand out more. Picture looking for something in the fall amid a bunch of fallen leaves - Blue or Orange?

I actually like the blue handles now. Didn’t think I would originally but it’s definiteky grown on me. I have no plans to change the scales or buy a different one when they come out with different colors/materials. I enjoy mine immensely just how it is

I like the blue handles too, always have.

But, unfortunately I'm addicted and will probably end up buying many more varients when BM releases them. lol

Good points on having a knife visible if in the places that might happen. Yet the design of the Bugout is so clean. Pick one up; it's different from many it's size and compared to other models it's a good buy as discounted from most dealers.

Love the knife, but hate the blue scales. If I could buy one in black I would have one already.

Back